Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Site Access

FIXED
amuckelt32
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Web Site Access

I've been having problems accessing web site for the last 3 days. I constantly get timed out and have to refesh numerous times before the site loads. This is happening on all my devices, Laptop, desktop, ipad and mobile. Although,all my devices are normally connected via  wi-fi  i've connected my laptop via ethernet and I still get the same problem.

My daughter who is also a plusnet customer connected to the same exchange, Ulverston in Cumbria,  but not the same fibre cabinet is also experiencing the same issues.

Plusnet support have carried out a line test and have said that they can't see a problem from there end. I've been with plusnet for over 6 years and not had a problem for connections before but will have to move to someone else if this isn't sorted.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Web Site Access

What web site is the problem? You forgot to mention it in your post.
That's RPM to you!!
amuckelt32
Grafter

Hi RPM

All web sites are causing problems. Once loaded they seem to be ok. However, when they are closed and reopened they normally take a number of reloads before loading correctly because they time out.  

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mucklet32,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that the connection issues are causing you. I've tested your line and the test hasn't picked up the cause of the problem from here but I can see that your line is currently syncing at 67mbps, which is below its estimated speed of 75 - 80mbps.

As the test hasn't picked up the cause of the problem from here and you've confirmed that this affects both wired and wireless connections we'll need to do some troubleshooting to start narrowing down the cause of the problem.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here.  If these checks don't resolve the problem, the next step would be to connect your router directly to the test socket, which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the connection stabilises. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. Please see the following guide for instructions on how to connect to the test socket. https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 Please let us know how it goes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
amuckelt32
Grafter

Fix

Thank you for your reply.

I did speak to someone on technical support this morning and although the line test looked OK he reset the Signal to Noise Ratio module and then had to wait 4 hours and then factory reset the router. I'm please to say that everything is currently working fine. 

Thanks

Anthony

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Glad to hear it's back to normal service.

Give us a shout if you need further assistance.

- Maddy