cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Access Pretty Awful Of Late

eliotcole
Hooked

Web Access Pretty Awful Of Late

Mostly experienced on my new laptop (win10, etc,etc) ... however ...

I have connected using the normal DNS services, private DNS services, Google's DNS services, and none make a difference. When I connect up the VPN, though ... boom. It's fine.

The issue mostly manifests itself in web pages (including these ones) either not loading at all, or loading without half of the resources there, and / or scrambled. All add-ons disabled, and firewalls/ipblockers not involved.

This isn't confined to one browser, I see the same issues over FF, nuEdge, and Steam.

It actually genuinely feels like I'm being targeted (due to the VPN working perfectly fine - which will be the IP I'm posting from, FWIW) and I know that's not the case, but I felt like I needed to mention something here ... because I don't seem to be able to find an email support form anywhere. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know this is hardly world ending, but essentially the internet service from my internet service provider doesn't work unless I pretend to be from somewhere else ... so that's a thing.

I've tested VPN connection on ONE other PC, but not conventional connection. Will try others when I can ... I have a few.

2 REPLIES 2
eliotcole
Hooked

Re: Web Access Pretty Awful Of Late

here's how steam looks occasionally ... is there a chance that you guys are throttling us a bit?

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Re: Web Access Pretty Awful Of Late

Have a browse of this here, I don't understand all those recent posts asking us to do but I'm having the same problem all of a sudden too.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Websites-struggling-to-connect-Is-there-a-fix/td-p/171...

My Wi-Fi has also been incredibly slow tonight, between 10 - 13 mb on the download, haven't tried a speed test on a wired device but it's been like this all night. I'm hoping Plusnet are just having to iron a few things out that's all with everything lately Smiley