cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We'll do you proud.....yeah right

draconis

We'll do you proud.....yeah right

I am actually going nuts here  Cheesy
Signed up for plusnet unlimited FTTC 8 or 9 months ago, initially it was brilliant, then around 2 months ago the bandwidth dropped from full rate always up in the high 70 megabits solid as a rock (as we are only 400 metres cable wise from the cabinet) down to a sedate and flat 50 Mbit, almost as if we'd been capped by DLM......
I have netflix and teenagers ......say no more
So eventually I got plusnet to get an openreach engineer out that was an effort all by itself..... who was brilliant and agreed that although the connection was solid I should be getting full rate down my line because he could spit at the cabinet from where I lived so off he went to do his tests, came back and said he couldn't reset the line to see if DLM was holding the line down.....it was ignoring his requests for a reset
Thats when it all went pear shaped, he swapped over to another circuit which offered the higher line rate as ours was in fact putting out a much lower sync speed than it should be and said BT's systems were slow in updating the circuit but I should get my broadband back within half an hour....
if not ring plusnet and get them to chase it ......(hahahahahaha...thats a Rick Mayall manic type laugh bordering on insanity)
I'm on my second day now of trying to get plusnets arse into gear to chase this up, because as you know you can't speak to openreach directly
I tried the "help line" ....what a joke
which lights do you have on, on your router ?
I don't have a connection because the openreach engineer has been out  and I'm currently disconnected from my broadband service
Yes but which lights do you have on your router sir ?
I don't have any broadband sync on my line, broadband is not enabled on my line the engineer swapped it over to another port
Yes Sir I understand but what lights do you have on your router.....?
(this went on a while until finally I snapped)
"STOP READING FROM A SCRIPT ....YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE THERE IS NOOOOOO BROADBAND SIGNAL ON MY LINE FOR MY MODEM TO SYNC WITH SO WHAT THE LIGHTS ARE DOING IS IMMATERIAL THE ONLY LIGHT THAT ISN'T ON IS THE ONE THAT SAYS DSL  Crazy

So currently I'm filling up the original fault report with
"the time" still no broadband
I've never witnessed technical support so bad in my entire life ( and I have worked in IT since the first IBM PC's arrived on the scene)
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: We'll do you proud.....yeah right

which lights do you have on, on your router ?
I don't have a connection because the openreach engineer has been out  and I'm currently disconnected from my broadband service
Yes but which lights do you have on your router sir ?
I don't have any broadband sync on my line, broadband is not enabled on my line the engineer swapped it over to another port
Yes Sir I understand but what lights do you have on your router.....?
(this went on a while until finally I snapped)
"STOP READING FROM A SCRIPT ....YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE THERE IS NOOOOOO BROADBAND SIGNAL ON MY LINE FOR MY MODEM TO SYNC WITH SO WHAT THE LIGHTS ARE DOING IS IMMATERIAL THE ONLY LIGHT THAT ISN'T ON IS THE ONE THAT SAYS DSL

The agent did the right thing initially asking about the lights, however when you told him it was out of sync, they should have progressed the issue.
Testing your line is actually showing an MSF (Major Service Failure) yesterday that we haven't yet received a clear notification for although it was due to clear yesterday afternoon.
The fault was passed to another engineer this morning and we're waiting on their update at the moment.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
scottymc
Grafter

Re: We'll do you proud.....yeah right

So out of interest what lights are on , on your router Cheesy