cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waste of money

bazandles

Waste of money

Switched to fibre about 2 months ago and speeds are now so bad considering going to another provider.
Rang support and got nowhere and you cannot email plusnet.
My speed today:-

Very poor service and not happy
14 REPLIES 14
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Waste of money

A few things
What is the current line speed here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
If you carry out the BT Line Test - further diagnostics - what is the IP profile
Are those speeds wired or wireless
Have you raised a speed fault at https://faults.plus.net
bazandles

estimated speed is 40mb
We are wireless but never had problems before and even when before going fibre had faster speeds.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

you need to check wired as it is quite possible that the problem is wireless from the Plusnet router
bazandles

Thanks, but I think I will just check out compare the market for switching to a provider I can rely on Roll_eyes
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Best of luck but if the problem is between you and the Cab - a line fault - you will take it with you.
bazandles

It is not a line fault as this was checked by BT when they changed it to fibre.
The fault is since changing to fibre
The speeds showed above are disgusting and internet is useless at these speeds
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If you aren't prepared to carry out the simple requests I have made nor report a fault to Plusnet then I am afraid nobody can help you
You do realise that you are 2 months into an 18 month contract with very large cancellation charges
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: bazandles

So you switched 2 months ago and immediately discount a line fault?  Something may well have happened in those two months that has caused the problem.
I would definitely suggest going through the faults process before even attempting to switch provider as it is highly likely the problem will switch with you!
dnpark38
Rising Star

BazandLes I do hope you have a pot of tea and then do the tests and make a report to Plusnet for them to check things out and then they can get Openreach to fix things.
If they fail well you should have a good case I feel to leave without penalties Jim mentions.
I'm newer than you but have experience the Plusnet support and sadly not impressed so far as I await responses to "Tickets" as Jim calls them.  At present I'm hanging in and hoping for better, because at the time I was bought from Be (O2) by Sky a year or so ago many refused the Sky offer and went to Plusnet and gave excellent reports a year ago about the Plusnet system and Support so something as changed since then.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
supernova1
Grafter

Quote from: bazandles

I'm on a 3.5km line and was getting less than 2mbps - having gone through the faults process, undertaking some simple tests and answering any questions raised, and receiving an excellent fault finding service from Plusnet, I now have a rock solid 6,4mbps connection.
You can shoot yourself in the foot or help aim the fault finding gun - your choice.

picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: supernova1
You can shoot yourself in the foot or help aim the fault finding gun - your choice.

Probably the best advice you can listen to - if all else fails after going through the correct procedure then you should be able to leave for another provider without incurring other charges.
bazandles

I switched to plusnet 18 odd months ago but on to fibre 2 months ago.
It is the fibre connection that is useless as had no problems before with faster speeds.
All checks have been done and all connections are correct, rang support and simply told to do it again Sad
dnpark38
Rising Star

So if Plusnet can't fix it remotely you need to go to main website and log in to member area and report it in writing and request that Openreach fix their line etc.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
ddigital

Well everybody here has tried to help, you need to log a fault and get Openreach to fix it, It could be anything, (The Router could be duff, Mastersocket, Cabling inside or outside your house or the cabinet down the street)
My FTTC install went ok but they duffed up my Phoneline via a wiring issue that was not there under ADSL, I told Plusnet and Openreach are coming to take a look on Tuesday.
As other's have said if you have moved to FTTC then you agreed to another 18 month contract, so you will have to pay the cancellation charges. Another FTTC provider will not fix your issues that can only be done by Openreach.