cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was told for interleaving to be disabled on a VDSL line i would need an engineer visit costing £65.

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Was told for interleaving to be disabled on a VDSL line i would need an engineer visit costing £

Fix

Glad to see that your speed and latency is better now. Although I'm not confident this is due to the different static IP. For the speed side of things at least, I think that's only improved because your connection had dropped as a result of changing the IP, after I made the change to the connection profile on your account at about 2pm.

Either way though it's good to see things are working OK for you now. Let us know how your monitoring goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Youngsie97
Grafter

Re: Was told for interleaving to be disabled on a VDSL line i would need an engineer visit costing £

For the record neither do I.

But my domain servers have already been changed over and everything is up and working again as normal . I have observed that if i limit downloads on steam etc to 5.7 MB/s which is about 45mbps my ping only increases by about 30. so I am happy with that i can see on my traffic graphs that I am saturating 62 Mbps with minor problems so so far everything is looking incredibly positive.

I wouldn't have left Plusnet given the choice anyway as I don't need the hassle right now with exam season coming up. So my options would have been to basically accept it anyway so I am glad that things appear to be  improving Tongue

Out of curiosity had it have, or if it does go to that stage is my option just flat out contract termination or is it possible to negotiate my contract price?.

My logic  here being that it benefits plus-net to have a customer paying slightly less than no customer at all?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Even better to see problem seems to be resolved and you're staying with us. Cheesy

If we can't bring a download speed up above an agreed minimum guaranteed within 30 days of investigating, you'd have the option to leave a contract without penalty if you choose to. Can't guarantee we'd have been able to discuss a cheaper deal though as it depends on the renewal offers that our sales guys currently have.

Good luck with your exams, I know when I was at uni many moons ago although it doesn't feel that long, I did whatever I could to avoid revising and left everything to the last minute. Roll_eyes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Youngsie97
Grafter

Interesting good to know !.

Hah I have the same problem unfortunately. I initially switched from Windows to Linux so that I would be unable to game and get more work done... Then i found the world of Linux ricing and customizing and all the fun stuff you can do ;).

Last minute revising is working out "okay" so far this year though ~I am averaging an 85 across my modules.

Onto the matter at hand I will do some light monitoring over the next week and report back but I am  happy to consider the issue resolved as long as things still stand as they do currently :P.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Haha nice Tongue

Btw I've added a reply on to your ticket 199418047 with a goodwill gesture as promised earlier on.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Youngsie97
Grafter

Just decided to randomly check my account and see whats happening in the forums during these trying times and realized that I had never closed this post despite closing the issue in the system.

Happy to report that everything is normal with my connection and has been stable for about a month now with no down times or issues. I am now averaging 100 ES a day which is fine and my line has remained on fast mode!.

I logged into my account after some not so successful negations on the phone regarding renewal prices  and saw under the special offers section an offer I was happy to take and I was what i believe to be fairly compensated for the missed engineer appointment.

TLDR:  connections great, I am happy with the service and level of support provided, have renewed and will continue to recommend Plusnet to friends and family.

PS. The second OR guy felt bad for me and swapped my single socket out for a dual master socket so no more filter for me yay.

Stay safe all.

Youngsie97
Grafter

To fully clarify the fixes involved.

The latency was fixed by an open reach engineer coming out  which resulted in me getting a DLM reset which changed interleaving to fast mode.

The speed  increases were caused by Gandalf lifting the profile limiting of 56 Mbps from my connection (currently syncing at 68).

Would like to stress that indeed a static ip reset wasn't involved in fixing anything and I wouldn't recommend others trying  this as it was unnecessary.

I still see buffer bloat issues when my connection is fully saturated my ping spikes up to 150MS but I don't fully saturate my connection as often now I am able to see higher sync speeds and buffer bloat exists to some extent  on every connection I have tested.

Spikes into the 500s as I saw  before were caused by packet loss which  no longer occurs.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Youngsie97 

Glad to see your connection's looking better and you've found a good deal to renew with us on. 😁

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with and stay safe too.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Youngsie97
Grafter

I must be cursed because the day after making this post my connection dropped out completely for about 5 minutes(only the third time I've noticed a complete drop out whilst being with plusnet).

I am now seeing sync speeds of 61 Mbps, 9Mbps upload and both sides are interleaving.(Down from 72,18 and fast,fast)

My connection is unbearable like this its taking 20 seconds to load a webpage.

Here we go again .....

edit: to make post less dramatic and add bits.

Not sure what to do this time should I make a new topic and create an issue from my account?.

Youngsie97
Grafter

DLM was being over zealous I think , everything is back to normal now.