cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

War Thunder Packet Loss

Riotlightbulb
Dabbler

War Thunder Packet Loss

Recently i have returned to playing War Thunder (WT), after quite a while not playing, and although i have had my Plusnet fiber connection for over a year now, I think this is the first time i have played over Plusnet, and my first bit of online gaming for quite a while (been playing Single player in a lot of things)

War Thunder has a continual on screen display of FPS, Ping and Packet Loss, so these can be monitored easily during play.

Since returning to WT i have had problems with 'warping' regularly during play. I look down at the on screen Packet Loss monitor and it has turned red and is reporting anything from 20 to 80%!

This soon clears returning to 0 or 1, but can hapen every few minutes.

I have used PingPlotter to trace the route to the EU server and the results are a little odd with hop 9 having 100% Packet loss, no IP, no DNSname, nothing. So i have no idea whos net work it belongs to but it is after a BT router and before a LeaseWeb router.

Anyway, i feel that the problem actually lies earlier on in the trace with 2 IPs of 172.17.5.30 and 172.17.11.2.
These routers have no DNSname and WHOIS does not return any information (on ping.eu), but a plusnet router comes after these 2 hops so i believe it is still within the plusnet network.

Between these 2 routers the first one seems to occasionally ping higher and the second one looses packets.

After 68 traces i had 8% PL on 172.17.11.2

I have read a few other threads recent problems with plusnet and wondered if this was similar to what other people had experienced, and most importantly what to do now? Call tech support? Email them?.. where is the email option?

The service is fantastic in all othe regards. My download and upload speeds good. But this is the first time that i have really tested the packetloss side of things.

Would love to hear any help or advice anyone may have. Thanks.

Riot.

5 REPLIES 5
Glassy13
Hooked

Re: War Thunder Packet Loss

Ever since the connection issues (Mon 12 Sep 2016, 09:49) I have had very bad packet loss on every game. its a joke, and needs addressing fast.. the problem is amounts of packet loss over short amounts of time making me rubber band everywhere on games and making it impossible to play. Im considering changing ISP if this carries on...

kendo79
Dabbler

Games are basically unplayable for me as well at the moment, the latency looks fine until I get to 'be3-3104.psb-ir01.plus.net' then it just sky rockets up to about 600ms. I doubt we'll get much response here, they seem to hide when there are any real problems the rest of the time it's just 'restart your router' type [-Censored-]. 

Funnily enough I looked at my post history and I have a post complaining about the exact same thing a year ago about the same time as this. Wasn't fixed then either, just had to wait it out. Joke in the 21st century getting latencies like this. Probably think about moving to a new isp as well.

Riotlightbulb
Dabbler

How long did it take to clear last time Kendo79?

I think I will talk to tech support later and report the issue. If they have enough complaints they should fix it. And if they don't, well yes, I will be looking for a new ISP too.

I have also let ping plotter run for longer and the loss of packets and lag spikes is quite regular. It is impossible to deny it doesn't exist. Any tech person looking at the data could see that there is a problem.

Riotlightbulb
Dabbler

Examples of the same packet loss day after day, always on the 3 or 4 hop. Very regular and constant.
WarThunderPacketLoss.jpgWarThunderPacketLoss2.jpgWarThunderPacketLoss350.jpg

Riotlightbulb
Dabbler

After a couple of days improved, but not fixed, the packet loss problem is back like it was before...
WarThunderPacketLossBackAgain1211.jpgWarThunderPacketLossBackAgain1211-02.jpg