cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to upgrade, are all new packages now capped at 2MB upload?

Visage
Grafter

Want to upgrade, are all new packages now capped at 2MB upload?

I'm looking to upgrade to FTTC fiber but I'm only offered an upload of 2MB when going via the upgrade tab.
If this is across all packages I will sadly have to look elsewhere after being with Plusnet for 12 years.
7 REPLIES 7
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Want to upgrade, are all new packages now capped at 2MB upload?

Only Unlimited Fibre Extra has the 20mb upload, all the rest are now 2mb
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Can't see this package lasting, but the difference for me being on unlimited Fibre or Unlimited Extra works out at about £3 month, 10p a day. Not that much is it. It would be £5 month, but Extra has free McAfee, whereas on unlimited it costs £2 month.
I had unlimited but after a few months PlusNet said that they could no longer supply above 40Mbps. oddly I've been faster than that for some time.
Not much makes sense.
Visage
Grafter

Thank you Gus thats good to know, how do I choose that product when I go to account upgrade I only get the option to upgrade to Unlimited Fibre, I dont get the option for Fiber Extra?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

If you dont get the option it's most likely because the Estimate given to them is not above 40Mb what does BT say your estimate for fibre should be if you follow this link and enter your phone number it should tell you what the clean ie high end or impacted the low end would be for your line.
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Visage
Grafter

Well that would explain it I get 38.2 / 32.4.  Undecided
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

yeah that would be the reason why plusnet wont offer you the extra package.

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Visage - whilst it may not get you anywhere, I would call PN and say you want to stay with them but the 2 Mbps upload is a real issue for you. If you went to BT for example, you would have a 10 Mbps upload speed (max of course). Tell them you would be willing to pay for the 80/20 service (if you are willing, which I think you said you were) and see what they can do. If you get a standard reply, then ask some of the staff members on this forum if the higher speed can be organised.
I can't believe PN would be willing to lose a long standing customer over this issue, especially when they are prepared to pay for the faster product. Upload speed is pretty important, and is becoming more important with cloud based usage.
If they really are willing to lose a customer over this, BT have a very cost competitive deal right now for unlimited 40/10 fibre for 10 pounds per month (and you get a 125 pounds Sainsbury gift card).
Good luck.