cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to move from BT Infinity 1 to Plusnet Fibre - need advice

eggsRspecial

Want to move from BT Infinity 1 to Plusnet Fibre - need advice

Hi after the price hike announcement from BT i'm looking at moving to Plusnet. I currently have BT Inifinity 1 fibre to the cabinet. I binned off the BT smart hub (constant poor performance and rebooting) and kept with the Home Hub 5 (solid connections with occasional BT remote forced reboots during early hours). I rang Plusnet sales to enquire about potential moving and they said that the system shows only standard broadband available to me. I said i'm already on BT Infinity 1 and the sales person said its probably because there are no more ports available in the cabinet which is why Plusnet can't see fibre being an option. The advice was to move to standard broadband then upgrade to fibre because because that would free up the "port" and make it visible on the system. But obviously this could mean during my pre upgrade someone else could take up the "port".

Does this sound correct?

I don't want to downgrade, just want a better deal than BT.

Thanks for any advice.

1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Want to move from BT Infinity 1 to Plusnet Fibre - need advice

Hi there.

If you can drop me a PM with your address details I'll be able to advise further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team