cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for fibre connection

FIXED
yacob333

Waiting for fibre connection

I have changed from another supplier for my phone and fibre broadband. Activation date is for today. Had a message this morning to say phone line has been activated and all is fine. Broadband was disconnected this morning but I am still waiting for the fibre to be activated 14 hours later. Phoned customer services as was told to wait. When I have switched providers before downtime was not this long. Is this normal?
8 REPLIES 8
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Waiting for fibre connection

Hello @yacob333

A warm welcome to the community forums

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing downtime after transferring your service to us.

I'll be happy to check up on things first thing tomorrow morning for you.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
yacob333

Thanks so much. My router light has now changed to blue. I am on my laptop via ethernet and the broadband setup page has appeared. It's told me to return in 15 minutes, so fingers crossed!!
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

*Fingers crossed*

Keep me posted. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
yacob333

Light has now changed to orange again so will wait til morning now
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

I've just passed your account to one of my colleagues who's in the office at the moment.

He's found that your account didn't activate automatically following completion of the broadband order.

Can you get online now?

yk

I have upgraded my product to unlimited fibre and got a message that the service has now switched over. The old router stopped working, new router (Hub One) flashing red. No luck 20h later.

yacob333

I am online. Thanks so much. Really happy with the speed and my son has stopped grumbling lol
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Haha, no problem. Happy to hear you're back up and running.

If there's anything else I can ever help with, just let me know.