cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting; for callback,appointment,phone and broadband to work.

FIXED
Tonts
Hooked

Waiting; for callback,appointment,phone and broadband to work.

Hi, as per the title i'm currently wondering how long i have to wait for a reply from the community section. It seems i may have more luck than waiting for the CSC to reply to my queries. Twenty odd days a customer and most of that time my fibre broadband has been down also my phone line is unusable due to noise. I was told on Friday 5 Jan 2018 that someone would call back to see how my connection was performing as it had started working during the testing phase whilst on the call via mobile to the CSC person. Still waiting for that reply. No sooner than i'd hung up broadband stopped working so i waited till the Monday when after no ring back i called and raised another fault, broadband test failed, phone test passed and was promised a call from an engineer within 24 to 48 hrs still waiting for that too.

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Waiting; for callback,appointment,phone and broadband to work.

Fix

I fear that if you are waiting for Plusnet to call you then you may be in for a long wait. 

Does your phone pass the quiet line test (ring 17070 and select option 2)? If this fails then report a Phone fault.

If it's a case of no fibre then I'm afraid that your best bet is to proactively chase Plusnet rather than wait for them to contact you.

If you have slow or intermittent fibre then report back with more details of symptoms and tests that you have done yourself (if any).

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Tonts
Hooked

All of the above, cheers for the feedback. Line test fails since started 22 days ago but passes the plusnet line test. Fibre out for six days now. Came on for a bit but if pick phone up and do quite line test drops broadband straight away. No feed back from anyone at plusnet so gone on twitter ,facebook next phone tonight.
Tonts
Hooked

Just to update the situation, joined Twitter to contact help section and was passed to broadband section apparantley. No response from there so tried live chat and eventually was given advice to ring in which i declined and persisted until i was given an appointment for Monday 15th for engineer to attend and hopefully sort out the phone line which still fails quite line test. Broadband on life support for moment hopefully no one needs to phone me, no worries about Plusnet ringing me so there is that i suppose.

Tonts
Hooked

Engineer arrived as promised on time, 3.5 hrs later new wire from pole to house and problem solved. He did say though my ISP " can"t see" my phone line when I explained that PN said there was nothing wrong with my phone line. This despite me stating there was something wrong on very first call in December for help. Interested in anyone's view on this. But problem fixed and thanks given to poster above.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @Tonts

I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with your service and apologies that your call back didn't materialise.

He did say though my ISP " can"t see" my phone line when I explained that PN said there was nothing wrong with my phone line. This despite me stating there was something wrong on very first call in December for help. Interested in anyone's view on this.

Whilst we can't see your phone line, we can test your phone line. In a lot of cases we're able to detect external faults and raise them to Openreach without having to book an appointment. Sadly in your case our tests didn't find a problem.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tonts
Hooked

Thankyou for the explanation, it would explain the issue with what I was being told then. I've learnt a few other things from the forums as well so all info is good and knowledge of phone systems is increasing. Found the tech section very interesting, so I will be having a good read up. Thanks again for the answer.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems at all.

There is a lot of knowledge on these forums, including the sticky threads at the top of most of the boards.

Remember, knowledge is power. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet