cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for activation

flump10
Hooked

Waiting for activation

Hello can anyone advise when fibre broadband should be up and running? Broadband is suppposed to go live today but there is no sign of that. Haven't had any broadband since midnight and desperately need it for work. Any help or advice is warmly appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
flump10
Hooked

Re: Waiting for activation

For info. I have tried ringing Plusnet but was holding for ages and the Help Chat isn't working.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@flump10 Is today your activation day? If so, it can take up to midnight for the service to fully activate. If you have no service by tomorrow morning, post back for further help.

Chat has not been available for some considerable time, although PN have not got round to removing all references to it.

John
flump10
Hooked

New broadband wont setup

Hello, I've just had my broadband activated but can't get it working. On WiFi (on my phone) it takes me to the hub manager and says it's connected but my phone has no WiFi signal. I've connected my laptop directly to the router and gone into the hub manager (which says I'm not connected) but I click on 'connect ' and nothing happens. I've done a factory reset through hub manager. Any advice much appreciated as I can't get through to customer services by phone. Thanks.
flump10
Hooked

Thanks, John.
I've had a confirmation text to say it's ready but still can't get sorted. WiFi on my phone tells me 'sign-in is required' and takes me to the hub manager. I click on the Connect button but nothing happens. Tried Ethernet from laptop to router and accessing hub manager that way but clicking 'Connect' still doesn't do anything. Unfortunately Plusnet customer services seem to be very busy so I haven't been able to get through to speak to anyone. Anyway thanks for you reply.
jab1
Legend

As I said, you get that email, but I don't think it mentions the fact that it can take up to midnight to fully integrate -not sure, because it is over 9 years since I joined. What colour lights do you have on the router, and what username is on the router?

John
jab1
Legend

Re: New broadband wont setup

@flump10 Duplicate posting is against forum rules, won't get you sorted any faster, and is confusing.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: New broadband wont setup

Moderators Note

Two topics on same subject from same poster merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend

@flump10 You appear to have been a PN user back in April last year, so is the really a new account, or something else?

John