cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for Fibre today, what time will they work until?

Smithy99
Hooked

Waiting for Fibre today, what time will they work until?

I ordered a fibre upgrade on 16th April which was due to be completed on the 23rd, this never happened due to the order not being placed with Openreach even though I had received my new router and details of the new 24 month contract a couple of days later so I was sat there like a bump on a log waiting and waiting.

Following a conversation with PlusNet, a new order was placed, this is due for completion today 3rd May. Its 5:30pm now and nothing has happened yet, any idea of what time they work until? I am starting to worry that something has happened again?

11 REPLIES 11
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Waiting for Fibre today, what time will they work until?

Although the advisor did place an order and request a completion date of today, unfortunately it appears the committed date that came back to us is actually 09/05/16.

I do apologise that you were not advised of the committed date our suppliers provided us with, however I am sorry to say that the order isn't actually expected to complete until 09/05/16 any time up until midnight.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Smithy99
Hooked

Stunning, First order not placed and now another six days added to the completion date with no updates given. Starting to get a bit beyond a joke it will be a month from order date soon. Fingers crossed for next Monday then but I wont hold my breath.

Maybe I should have listened to the advice and gone to Zen......

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The advisor should have never confirmed today as a completion date as the order was not committed when they advised this. I do apologise for any inconvenience and I have passed feedback on regarding the person you spoke to.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Smithy99
Hooked

On the two occasions that I have spoken to your advisors, for the first forgotten order and this second time they have both been extremely helpful etc in fact they were superb. Obviously on these occasions something then went wrong after I had hung up and they processed the order. This may not have been their fault directly, I really can't say.

i do have an email from yourselves confirming today's date for switchover so it wasn't just a verbal miscommunication.

Roll on next Monday.... It's like waiting for Christmas to be told when you wake up on Christmas morning that Santa didn't make it and he will be back in a week or so.....

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I do appreciate it's disappointing Sad

I believe the first occasion was a case of automation failing to place to order as part of the account upgrade. The second time was simply the advisor being a bit too keen on providing a completion date, prior to the order reaching a committed date.

I hope it's all well on Monday for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Smithy99
Hooked

So today is the day, 5pm, no upgrade and no contact from anyone, why do I get the feeling I am going to be let down again???

Smithy99
Hooked

Well looks like something has happened, line apparently went down an hour ago and now is connecting at 55down and 15up, speed tests show only 15mb download but 15mb upload too so must be on fibre.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

use chat to get the Plusnet Current Line speed updated

Smithy99
Hooked

Thanks for the advice, just been on to them and they have upped it so I need to reboot the router.

Smithy99
Hooked

They said reboot the router for an immediate speed increase, done that and it's no different. Router says connected at 55mb down but tests saying less than 15mb now.

Smithy99
Hooked

Another power cycle and all good now. 55mb down via test