cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting 2 weeks for service to go live

themunkyman

Waiting 2 weeks for service to go live

I just signed up for fibre online, but there was no date for an engineer visit until the 28th of November, is there any way this could be brought forward if someone else cancels etc.? 2 weeks is an awful long time to wait!
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Waiting 2 weeks for service to go live

I appreciate it seems quite a long way off, however we're reliant on Openreach engineer availability in your area. We'll confirm which appointment date we've booked for you asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

I was surprised at the long wait too, but I guess it's all down to administration (mostly telling present slowband suppliers to naff off I guess), kind of annoying though as I mentioned getting fibre to a friend across the pond last thursday when I ordered Plusnet's FTTC, and they decided to get it too, and they already have it installed and running as they bought the hardware themselves from Walmart and self-installed... Roll_eyes
But I'm looking at it like it's a more interesting form of christmas, cos my install date is set as the 24th Nov., and I got a text saying it'll be activated on the 25th, so, 24th is Fibre-eve and 25th is Fibre-day... Grin
tonycollinet
Grafter

Two weeks? Luxury!!!
I placed my order on 6th July. If I'm lucky, the next appointment on Monday will finally resolve and I'll have fibre

Think yourself lucky
Cheesy
nilsatisoptimum
Dabbler

Yikes since July, thats pretty awful  Undecided .   I got switched off from my last provider, phone and adsl sometime in the early hours of this morning, I have phone now with plusnet, but I have to wait until the 28/11/14 until  broadband is switched on, not sure if its because i'm moving over to fibre?
Its a strange Irony its called the Communication Industry Grin . I find many things ironic in the UK these days, must be my age Wink .