cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WI Fi

FIXED
lucylawrence30

WI Fi

As we have powercut yesterday and now we have problem connecting to wi fi on my phone and my husband iphone. Please help us

9 REPLIES 9
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: WI Fi

Turn your phones completely off and restart. They should pick up the wifi automatically.  If not try Settings > Connections > WiFi  (or similar depending on your phone) to re-establish the connection.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@lucylawrence30 wrote (elsewhere) As since I joined having issue getting connected I pay too much while I can use service properly. Please help me or get disconnected without any termination charges. As when connected via phone you can solve my query as saying username is wrong.

A bit difficult to actually decipher that message, but I think that you mean your username is wrongly set on the Hub? If so, try the following (and if you don't understand anything, just ask.

1. Factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in to the reset hole and hold the switch closed for about 30 seconds.
2. Leave it 10 minutes or so and see if that fixes it,

If that doesn’t work:

3. Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.
4. On the broadband page (I think, you may need to look through the pages to find it, depending on which hub you have) you should find the username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it hasn’t configured itself.
5. Remove the DSL cable.
6. Change the username to your account username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net.
7. Enter your account password.
8. Plug the DSL cable back in.
9. If it doesn’t try to connect select Connect (again you may need to look through he pages to find it)

Have you managed to connect the phones?

How long have you been a Plusnet customer - trying to get out of you contract for free for the reasons given in your post quoted above is, I would think, impossible.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @lucylawrence30 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues getting online.

Our tests are showing your router's not properly setup to your router so it hasn't been able to reconnect automatically after the powercut. Can you private message me your router's serial number and the first six characters of the MAC? You can find this on the label at the bottom of your router under the pink feet.

In the meantime I'd second with what @jab1's suggested as this will likely get you back up and running.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Fix

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
lucylawrence30

I am customer from July when I moved to council property on 5 July 2021. It no point paying too much as your customer service is bad 

jab1
Legend

@lucylawrence30 Sorry, but you are not making sense.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @lucylawrence30

I'm sorry to see you feel that way. I can see you've raised a complaint online so someone from our high level escalations (HLE) team will pick this up for you and contact you shortly

In the meantime let me know if you'd want further help from us on our Community Forums.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lucylawrence30

Hi we are not very happy as your internet is very slow and keep on disconnecting, None of your team is helpful to solve

jab1
Legend

Have you actually tried the suggestions I posted in message #3 above, which were endorsed by @Gandalf ?

John