Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vulnerable, 88, living alone, Just switched to Plusnet, but NO ROUTER DELIVERED

FIXED
no-router
Hooked

Vulnerable, 88, living alone, Just switched to Plusnet, but NO ROUTER DELIVERED

Hi, my mother (88, vulnerable, lives alone) was switched yesterday from sky to plusnet (broadband & phone) - BUT - the Plusnet router has not been delivered yet (with no communication or indication from Plusnet if it's been posted out) - so she has no internet access - (she has a phone, but limited mobile data and a poor mobile reception)

VERY Frustratingly, there is *no way* for her to get through to Plusnet - all roads lead to the 'Contact Us phone number' - which either gives a recorded message of 'we can't take your call' - or the line just drops after extended silence.

I can't risk going to her place to try hacking her old Sky router to work with plusnet (v.unlikely to work based on my research) as well as the huge danger of transmitting Corona virus.

Plusnet says that they care about vulnerable users - but merely direct you to 'contact us' (not possible at the moment as they are taking no calls!!)

What can Plusnet do - if anything?

9 REPLIES 9
Lainey23

Re: Vulnerable, 88, living alone, Just switched to Plusnet, but NO ROUTER DELIVERED

Hello, I've just read your post as I was on the site looking to see where to return a router that is no longer required as I have been sent a new one by my new provider.  I can send my rooter (from a pet, smoke and Coronavirus free home!).  If you don't get any joy from Plusnet, I can post first class to your Mum on Monday.  Best wishes.

no-router
Hooked

Re: Vulnerable, 88, living alone, Just switched to Plusnet, but NO ROUTER DELIVERED

Hi Lainey23, wow - thanks so much for your brilliant offer !!
My mum just heard from Plusnet hat there's 'a problem' with Royal mail delivering routers & to wait till Tuesday - and if no router has turned up, to contact them again....
So, if you're able to wait till wednesday I'll be able to let you know if I need to take you up on your offer.
(and I'd pay for the postage - of course - Not sure yet how to PM on this forum but I'll figure it out)
Massive thanks again (from me and my Mum)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @no-router I'm sorry for the issues with contacting us and that your mother hasn't received her router yet. Could you drop me a private message by going Here with her account username or full address if you don't know it? I'll be happy to check up on this and see what we can do to get another router sent out asap.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
no-router
Hooked

Hi Lainey23, wow - thanks so much for your brilliant offer !!
My mum just heard from Plusnet hat there's 'a problem' with Royal mail delivering routers & to wait till Tuesday - and if no router has turned up, to contact them again....
So, if you're able to wait till wednesday I'll be able to let you know if I need to take you up on your offer.
(and I'd pay for the postage - of course - Not sure yet how to PM on this forum but I'll figure it out)
Massive thanks again (from me and my Mum)
Lainey23

No problem at all, if you don't have any joy by Wednesday then we will find a way to communicate off line and get the router to your mum.  And please don't worry about the postage, would just be happy to help Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Afternoon @no-router I've hand delivered a new router to our post room team and it'll be in the post today via next day delivery. If all goes to plan, your mother should receive this tomorrow. I've added the serial number of the router to her account, so the router should set itself up automatically once she's plugged it in and powered it on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
no-router
Hooked

Hi Lainey23,

Plusnet are posting a router to my mum today, but many thanks from me and my Mum - for your kind offer to help!

Stay safe!

Lainey23

Hi Gandalf

Great news that this has all been resolved.  Please could you advise how I can return my old router to you for recycling?  

Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Lainey23 

If you go to the Royal Mail website here you'll be able to print a free returns label or download a QR code to take into your local post office and send the router back to us free of charge.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet