cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone Suresignal v3 and Sagem Router

redgek

Vodafone Suresignal v3 and Sagem Router

Does anyone know how to get these to work together?

I have opened ports and assigned them to the sure signal device, that's about the limit of my knowledge and it still wont work. The sure signal says it cant connect to the internet. Vodafone are showing it as registered and active on my account.

5 REPLIES 5
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Vodafone Suresignal v3 and Sagem Router

Strange that you even need to open the ports really. Mine (different router) was just plug in and go but I know some people do need to manually forward the ports. There have been reports on the Vodafone support forum that VPNs interfere with SS - are using a VPN?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Hi @redgek, have you recently joined Plusnet from another ISP ? and did your SS work before ?

I have a theory (and it's only a theory!) that they (Vodafone) don't like a change in IP address from which the SS is trying to make a connection. It seems like they need to derigister and reregister the SS so that it will accept connection from the new IP.

As Andue says, all the port forwarding is not needed TBH I think it's just a ploy by Vodafone support (if you can call it that) to fob you off...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@redgek - Do Vodafone provide support on this type of hardware. Not meaning to pass the buck, but may be worth seeing if they have any ideas.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Yes they do but it's all you'd expect from a company that Ofcom keeps slamming 😕

The entire SS system failed a few weeks ago and it took them five days to bring it back. They never did explain what happened and throughout the outage customers kept being asked to go through the standard troubleshooting process. But if the OP asks there some of the customers may be able to help.

redgek

Tbh, I thought i'd ask here because they are so frustratingly useless. It took them 2 attempts just to register and activate it at their side. They did mutter something about needing a static IP, but then didn't explain because it hadn't registered properly despite them setting it up. No-one has replied despite me posting on their forums. The port forwarding i did ass i found someone suggesting that was how they fixed theirs, but no joy, my device still doesn't connect to the internet. I will be contacting vodafone again.