cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vigor 130 Plusnet Settings

DrStrange

Vigor 130 Plusnet Settings

Hi - I have just invested in a TP-Link M5 Mesh system at the moment running in AP mode. My Router is a TP-Link AC2800 with its WiFi turned off. I have just recieved a Vigor 130 modem and would like to use this instead of the TP-Link and run the Deco in router mode.

I understand that my Plusnet credentials will be added to the Deco once it is in router mode.

The blurb that comes with the Vigor syas that for UK ISPs it should just work!

Is this correct or do I need to configure it in any way?Huh

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Vigor 130 Plusnet Settings

@DrStrange  yours is the 2nd thread about the Draytek 130 today , odd!

The other is here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Plusnet-with-Draytek-130-and-Netgear-XR500/m-p/1700529#U1700...

I suspect that you will need to configure the VLAN id to 101.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DrStrange

Nope - just got it and just registered with the forum - I will look at the other thread to see if it helps

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@DrStrange  if you still cant get the Draytek to work, then it may be possible to use the Tplink in bridge mode. I have a TPlink w9970 which i use in that way. If the VR2800 has the option to set the Internet connection type to 'bridge' ( or similar , see page 14 of the manual ) then that should be able to be used as a modem instead of the 130.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.