View my Usage
07-03-2019 9:17 PM - edited 07-03-2019 9:18 PM
I have been looking at my usage history and am somewhat concerned to see just how much PN say I am using. I know the charts say the figures are not accurate, but I am struggling to see how my router can report quite a discrepancy:
2885.6 MBytes Up 1333.99 MBytes
My last monthly PN usage report was 3992.25GB
Usage breakdown graph doesn't help as it shows for this month:
|Activity||Peak usage||Off-peak usage||Total usage|
|FTP (non PlusNet)||3.79KB||0.95KB||4.74KB|
|Total usage so far||1233.69GB||564.6GB||1798.29GB|
Computers scanned for viruses and wifi networks secured with WPA2. There is an XBox on most of the day. Not sure what "other" covers. It says Netflix and Youtube aren't tracked, so potentially even more usage!! Usage seems to double every month and there is no more activity in the house. Confused!
Re: View my Usage
Can't answer why yours is so high, but found an answer to one of your Q's
sub heading - How much broadband have I used:
- Web – browsing online using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Email – sending and receiving emails using an email application like Outlook or Mac Mail.
- Broadband phone calls – making calls over the Internet, e.g. Skype or Facebook Messenger.
- Gaming – playing online multi-player games like World of Warcraft or Xbox Live.
- Streaming – watching TV and movies online, or listening to music e.g. Netflix, Amazon, BBC iPlayer, Spotify, Deezer.
- Plusnet FTP – this is mainly used for things like uploading webpages.
- Peer to Peer – downloading files using file sharing applications e.g. BitTorrent.
- Usenet – using or downloading posts from newsgroup discussion forums or downloading files from binary newsgroups.
- FTP (Non Plusnet) – moving files to servers that aren't run by Plusnet e.g. if you're working from home and uploading files to your office server.
- Other – anything else.
You may well find other answers on the other sub headings too!!