cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very unhappy

drdsell

Very unhappy

So, I have been a plusnet customer, and a very happy one for 3+ years.  We moved property recently, and as part of that I spoke to the plusnet team, and arranged for my broadband to be moved.  Initially I was going to go with a different provider, but since I had had nothing but good experiences I was persuaded to stay. Service at old property to end on the 15th, and new service to commence on the 19th.

So far, so good.  Except I then got a message telling me that it would be the 27th before the service was connected.  Apparently, according to the customer service agent, due to the snow.  Impressive, 1 day of snow (and not in my area), 8 days of delay!

On the 27th, the engineer called to tell me to turn on the router as he was connecting the line.  All good.  Come the evening, no internet.  Orange light and orange broadband light.  Call to customer services yields no joy, and I am told it will be escalated to the level 2 team.

24 hours later, still no internet.  This time, further call to customer services (and a 40 minute wait on hold.  By the end, following the recorded message instructions, I had the most ready username and password ever), and another nice gentleman, who, after some efforts, including contacting BT and calling me back later to check if it had worked.  No joy, so apparently we need an engineer visit.  On tuesday the 2nd.  So 2 weeks after I was expecting the internet, I am still waiting, and it appears that I will still be waiting until at least tuesday.

Deeply, deeply unhappy with the service I've gotten.  Plusnet have failed to deliver the service they offered, and I am seriously considering just cancelling as they have failed to supply a service and going with a different provider.

Any help would be gratefully received, or am I just going to have to wait this out.

5 REPLIES 5
mgshaw
Dabbler

Re: Very unhappy

Hiya 

Also a longstanding customer (for now) of Plusnet .. and I am going into day 9 of no phone or Internet with no ETA as to when they will even try and resolve the issue .. they blamed "our suppliers", "The council" and "the Christmas Holidays" .. so I expect you will have to sit it out .. Plusnet are OK when it works but when something breaks .. its never their fault and nobody owns the issue end to end .. you get passed around .. get on Twitter and comment about the issue to @PlusnetHelp... its the only way to move things along .. 

Customer service is terrible when things go wrong .. 

Mark 

bucksboy
Dabbler

Simples email the CEO bet it gets sorted PDQ....!

But Hey things can go wrong and you did move house so maybe issue is with the house 'wiring' if old or even more if new.

Why not use the 'chat facility better than 4o mins wait on the phone.

Plusnet do I believe try to get things right and yes it's a pain having to be proactive and totally involved in getting what you have paid for but that is the way life is including broadband !

Ask them for a discount or credit for the [-Censored-]ation ...bet they will.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi there @drdsell and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the delay in getting your services working at the new property. Unfortunately we need to wait out the engineer visit as the troubleshooting previously attempted hasn't been successful.

Let us know how you get on after they have been.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mgshaw
Dabbler

Hi 

Do you have the email address of the CEO as I am now into day 16 of no service, being told a pack of lies about engineers turning up and they don't. Nobody is on the case and my ticket hasn't been updated since the 21st December .. 

Emailing the CEO is worth a punt as nobody else in Plusnet seems to care 

Thanks 

Mark 

G3WYP
Rising Star