Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow upload speed

FIXED
timjade

Very slow upload speed

Hi,

I'm on Unlimited fibre extra with a plusnet hub one router but my upload is really poor. When performing a speed test (attached) with my PC directly connected to the router via Ethernet cable (or wireless) the upload speed stays at 0 for the first few seconds then climbs to about 0.5Mbps.

Could this be a faulty router?

Thanks,
Tim

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Very slow upload speed

This is unlikely to be a router problem.

At 16Mbps your download speed is also totally unacceptable for a fibre extra connection. What speed should you be getting? If you put your phone number in here it will tell you.  https://my.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

You need to repeat this test with your router plugged into the BT test socket via a microfilter, that is the one you will find if you take the front off the master socket.

If that is also outside the limits quoted from the test results from the adsl checker then you need to report a fault.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Diagnostic tests have picked up on a fault with your phone line. 

I've raised that straight to Openreach and have updated your account with more information here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=190863547

We should have an update for you within a few days time. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
timjade

Hi Adam,
Thanks for checking, how long does a fault like this typically take to be fixed?

Thanks,
Tim
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The length of time it takes depends on what Openreach find as the cause of the issue. I want to be careful about setting an expectation with you so I'm going to hold back on advising about that until we know a bit more but I'm hoping it's all resolved within a few day's time. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Hiya Tim, 

I've just checked and Openreach have cleared the fault back to us today after fixing a problem at the cabinet. I've tested the line and not seeing any issues now. Are you seeing any improvement on your side?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
timjade

Hi Adam,

All sorted! 46Mbps down 18Mpbs up.

Thanks,
Tim

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Glad to hear this, @timjade

Anything else you need, just drop us a line.

Best wishes

Dave