Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow unlimited fibre

astonman
Grafter

Re: Very slow unlimited fibre

Hi Waz

Thanks for your reply I tried tweaking the router settings on my original Hub One to very little effect

just for form I tried some changes on this one including changing channel & temporary blocking 5ghz 

range issue persists regardless, WiFi App shows PlusNet signal is head & shoulders above the neighbours 

but as soon as I move outside the router room signal drops sharply still above the neighbours but not by so much

upstairs the difference is much more pronounced & why I bought the range extender as without it my fibre broadband is use less .

Looks like im gonna be in the market for a "proper" router soon Tweaking all these settings is really clever but for me

ultimately pointless & time consuming I just want what I had before fibre broadband out of the box seems like that's too much

to expect very disappointed with Hub One router performance, Plus net help is ok if a little long winded sometimes at least they are trying.

astonman
Grafter

How lucky am I ? Blagged a secondhand BT HH6 off E Bay plugged in hooked up thanks to excellent

guides on hereThumbs_Up and its almost exactly the same as hub one Ticked_off speed is as good as it should

be but just like before the range outside the router room drops sharply verified by Wi Fi App on phone tried the usual

shifting router physical position changing channels disabling 5ghz very frustrating still using range extender to fill the hole Looks like im stuck with this, Even the all singing HH6 cant improve on PlusNet Hub One despite all the positive comments and reviews at least it looks more stylish than PN H1.Roll_eyes

Really cant believe none off these issues happened when using the original Openreach Modem & Tecnicolour Modem

stuck behind TV for years giving faultless performance might see if I can source one on E Bay.

astonman
Grafter

So Just over a month with my BT HH6 and after initial disappointment seems to have settled down

speed is a quick as you like (was never an issue) but no more annoying dropouts and range is consistant enough as well. I can finally bin the range extender, Rest of family using Apple tech report great speed & range (5ghz)  all is well 

Many thx to everyone on here for help suggestions and how to guidesThumbs_Up