cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow internet since yesterday

Ametha1
Dabbler

Very slow internet since yesterday

Hi, I really hope someone can help me. I've been experiencing extremely slow internet since yesterday evening. I just tried a bt wholesale speedtest and ran the further diagnostics, and the results returned with: downstream speed 1.52Mbps upstream speed 7.42Mbps A message in the test read: "This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault. Please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results." It has taken me over an hour to navigate to this forum and sign in, the internet is that slow! Waiting for pages to load on plusnet is next to impossible. Signing in to my account takes so long I'm taken back to the sign in page again after a long, long wait. Online chat seems to be unavailable, again after waiting over ten minutes for the page to fully load. Unfortunately I am unable to use the phone due to speech difficulties and disabilities. I am reliant on the internet for contact with the outside world since I'm essentially housebound. Please can someone help me with this. I've checked the filter by swapping with another, and there's still a big issue with my internet connection. So it cannot be the filter. If anyone from plusnet is reading, could you do a test on my line and see if there's a problem? And send an engineer if one needs to be sent ASAP. Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Very slow internet since yesterday

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the spam filter. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Ametha1,

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch with you on here - unfortunately your post became trapped in the spam filter.

I can see that you have now discussed this with an advisor from our technical support team and they have recommended that you try a new ethernet cable, as the connection issue seems to be affecting wired connections but not wireless connections. Please can you confirm whether you've been able to try a new cable and, if so, whether this made a difference to your connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Ametha1,

Apologies for the delay in response.

I'm really sorry that you're having these issues and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I've ran several tests over your service today and you are currently in sync at 31mbps download to the master-socket, with no underlying issues detected. That been said I've changed a few settings on your account now which may see the speed increase.

To narrow the issue further, could you let us know if you are connected via an Ethernet or wireless connection? If you haven't already can you run over our troubleshooting tips here.

Thanks.

Ametha1
Dabbler

Thank you for replying to me.

My support worker had a long chat with your technical team yesterday. We found the fault was due to the router. The ethernet sockets are no longer working.

I'm currently connected via wireless, which seems okay for now. Usually I have a desktop PC connected by ethernet cable. 

Plusnet is sending me a new router, so hopefully there will not be any issues with wired connections. 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Ametha1,

Thank you for confirming that and I'm sorry that I missed the note about the new router on your account. This should be with you within 3-5 working days from when it was ordered and the router will also come with a new ethernet cable. From the sounds of it, the new router should fully resolve this problem but please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you continue to experience any connection issues once you have the new router.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team