cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow fibre

Hollingbery1

Very slow fibre

Just had our FTTC fibre connection setup today. The engineer said we should get 24mbps, but 7 hours after he left we are still only getting 1.4mbps which is my old speed. The upload speed has increased to about 2mbps but when should I see an improvement in download speeds?
4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Very slow fibre

It maybe that Plusnet forgot to increase your Line Speed as shown in the member centre at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
It is probably still set to your ADSL speed which limits the downstream but not the upstream.
It is a common issue and needs a Plusnet member of staff to take a minute to set it and then you need to disconnect/connect your session in the router once the speed shows correctly on the above link.
Call Plusnet if the data line speed is sill showing the ADSL values and ask then to correct the current line speed .
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I can see you've called in and we've got this sorted for you.
Let us know if there's anything further we can help with.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Hollingbery1

Thanks for the help. Yes it's sorted now.
snailfibreman

It could take a while to build up but it's probably down to the planned maintenance,we have 0mbs.
Due to our location we only get 12mbs ish anyway, on fibre !!!!!