Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow fibre upload speeds

racingtortoise
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Very slow fibre upload speeds

Magic!
Newly installed fibre service (two days ago) and I was consistently getting slow upload speed test showing anything from 1.2Mbps to 212kbps (yes, kbps). Problem logged to support and their tests showed synching at 51Mbps down and 17Mbps up, and they were puzzled as to the figures I was getting.
Rebooting the Openreach modem and the Plusnet router means the upload is now circa 17Mbps. Better tell 'em I suppose.
Don't understand all this tech stuff relating to fibre, so better read up on it I suppose.

vindaloojim
Grafter

@ Matthew Wheeler
Sure. I'll get that done as soon as I'm next on a wired connection at home. (Currently on my phone)
vindaloojim
Grafter

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1429184875510305555.png

Here is the thinkbroad test result. The Upload speed is completely unacceptable for a hard-wired 80/20 fibre connection.  Angry 
Also note the 95ms latency.
vindaloojim
Grafter

Anybody know why I am getting such poor upload speeds?
vindaloojim
Grafter

Nobody at Plusnet knows why I am getting 900 Kbps upload speed!! on fibre on a 80/20 sync rate?....
vindaloojim
Grafter

Problem still existing. I can not believe nobody has had the common decency or shred of even the most basic customer service to take two moments to respond to my thread after Al. Ost THREE weeks!!!
vindaloojim
Grafter

Still no response from PlusNET...
Disgusting service.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Sad
No this isn't on.. you clearly have a fault here... has anybody been sent to look at the line since reporting this?
Looks like you will have to phone in, just remember to submit a complaint when your issue is fixed.
dg06
Grafter

Interesting as my upload speed has dropped also. I used to get over 3 Mb/s it then dropped to 1.5 Mb/s and since the beginning of May it's dropped to 0.5 Mb/s.
I did replace the Openreach modem and Asus router I was using (as the router died) at the beginning of April with a Billion 8800AXL.
This was because I had a feeling that G.INP had been enabled on my line and being that I'm connected to a Huawei cabinet and had an ECI modem it wasn't playing nice.
Since I did this my download speed has slowly been increasing, it has recovered from 15 Mb/s to 22 Mb/s but the upload has dropped. I've been waiting to see if the DLM does anything before raising a ticket.
Perhaps I should try a reboot of the 8800AXL.
I'm on the Unlimited fibre package which I believe is 40/20?
This is the BTW performance test
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@vindaloojim
I've passed the issue back to our Faults team so they can investigate for you.
@dg06
Your actual upload sync is only 0.6mbps. This isn't because of DLM as your profile is "0.128M-22.4M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-2M Upstream, Retransmission Low" so it may be worth raising a fault here https://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dg06
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Matthew.
I had a resync last night and my upload speed has jumped back to 2.1 Mbps, I'll continue to watch what happens before raising a fault.
Looks like interleaving has been reduced looking at the stats more closely.
Before:
Interleaving depth - 13
INP - 4
After:
Interleaving depth - 2
INP - 46
Latency has also dropped. Smiley