Did you mean: 

Very slow fibre upload speeds

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Very slow fibre upload speeds

@vindaloojim
The profile was just 0.2mbps below that it should have been so it automatically raised the fault to our suppliers to get it corrected and everything is matching now. With regards to the upload speed is this over a wired connection and does it happen at any particular times?
@rosslagerwall
They've closed the order and I've been able to test the line. I can't see any issues at all so it's bizarre as to why your upload speed is so slow. Just to confirm is this over a wired connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rosslagerwall

Quote from: Matthew
@rosslagerwall
They've closed the order and I've been able to test the line. I can't see any issues at all so it's bizarre as to why your upload speed is so slow. Just to confirm is this over a wired connection?

Yep, wired connection using the supplied Plusnet router. I will test it again after work today and report back. Is it worth rebooting the equipment?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's certainly worth a shot.
Let us know if your still having issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: rosslagerwall
never got more than 2mbps.

2Mbps is a very specific figure that might just be particularly relevant as it's one of the available OR product profiles (they offer 80/20, 40/10 and 40/2 maximum sync. products to ISPs) so it could be that there's a 2Mbps up profile somewhere in the system for your line.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
rosslagerwall

Quote from: w23
Quote from: rosslagerwall
never got more than 2mbps.

2Mbps is a very specific figure that might just be particularly relevant as it's one of the available OR product profiles (they offer 80/20, 40/10 and 40/2 maximum sync. products to ISPs) so it could be that there's a 2Mbps up profile somewhere in the system for your line.

Now that you mention it... when I applied for the service, I got a message from support saying that a broadband service was scheduled to be installed and that the projected speed was 40 download, 2 upload. I called support at the time to query the upload speed and they said they had no idea where the number came from and it was maybe just a typo and I just had to wait and see.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just to confirm you have been placed on the right product and your upload speed is syncing at 20mbps.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
vindaloojim
Grafter

@Matthew Wheeler
It's occurs over wired and wireless connections.
It's sporadic. It happens at all different times of the day.
rosslagerwall

Quote from: Matthew
Just to confirm you have been placed on the right product and your upload speed is syncing at 20mbps.

Just got home, unplugged and rebooted the modem and router, got a new external IP address and everything is working properly now:

I can't explain it... but thanks for the help!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@vindaloojim
Have you checked to make sure there's nothing uploading in the background when you get a poor result back?
@rosslagerwall
That looks much better. Let us know if you have any further issues.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
vindaloojim
Grafter

@Matthew Wheeler
Yes. There isn't.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I can't think of anything obvious that is causing these problems. I see that you've raised a fault ticket, and I hope that this is resolved quickly for you.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
vindaloojim
Grafter

Hello
My upload speed issue is still ongoing.
My response to my ticket by Adrian Thomas was that my download speed is performing adequately. It is my upload speed that is slow, not my download speed!
Streaming services are streaming in extremely low resolution. It just looks like giant pixels. Endless buffering is also a daily issue.  
Both my computer and my Xbox One are hard-wired to my OpenReach modem and Plusnet router via Ethernet. Upload speed has dropped from 17 Mbps to around 1 Mbps upload speed!!!  Shocked Angry
Computer speed test results:
thinkbroadband.com = 1.5 Mbps
speedtest.net           = 5 Mbps
Btw                        = 15 Mbps
Xbox One speed test result via it's inbuilt network speed diagnostic tool:
0.6 Mbps (Streaming on the Xbox is almost impossible, even hard-wired)

Btw speed test has reported 15-16 Mbps upload speed, however there is certainly an issue with my upload speed. Every other broadband speed-test website shows upload speeds of approx 1 Mbps. Only a few weeks ago the very same websites had been displaying results of 15-16 Mbps upload speed (I check my speeds regularly) and has done so for over a year.  
No changes have been made to my set-up or router config.
I have tried restarted my router and modem which did not solve the issue.
It would be greatly appreciated if you could do further investigations into the seriously slow upload speeds I am receiving as streaming over the internet is unusable.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You shouldn't see that big a difference between speedtest websites.
There isn't much we can due to influence upload speeds as these aren't traffic managed nor do we set any profiles on them.
Out of curiosity can you try making a direct connection to the Openreach modem to see if that's any better?
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
vindaloojim
Grafter

Ok, I have connected directly to the Openreach modem. I am getting the same speeds as I was with the router connected.  Angry
The results are below.
Upload speed test results whilst connected directly to my Openreach modem:
BTw = 15 Mbps
speedtest.net = 6 Mbps
thinkbroadband.com = 2 Mbps
Very bad upload indeed!!!
This upload speed is completely unacceptable to be getting. What could be causing this?
It isn't my router and I was put on a new line by an Openreach engineer two months ago to cure my slow download speeds, so the line should be in good condition. I have also tried connecting directly to a different Openreach modem and I am still getting the same results. (Openreach engineer left me a spare in case it helped with my download speed issue I had a few months ago)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It really is a bizarre issue.
Can you attach a link to the Thinkbroadband result?
I'm interested to see what the x6 test comes back with.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team