cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow download speed after fibre upgrade

NickNightingale

Very slow download speed after fibre upgrade

My fibre broadband (40/20) was installed yesterday (upgraded from plusnet ADSL). I know I am inside the 10 day training time, but my connection speed is 3.5Mb down and 16Mb up. Looking at the plusnet connection details it still says 3.5Mb, which is incidentally exactly the same as when I had ADSL. My BT profile is set for 77Mb with an acceptable range of 40Mb to 77Mb. Has my plusnet account been set up correctly?
4 REPLIES 4
jonwilkie

Re: Very slow download speed after fibre upgrade

I had this the other day, she said couldnt see a fault and gave me the link to the bt wholesale speed test, i followed it to the letter turned everything off and yadda yadda now my ping shows 15, my down is 71 and my up is 18.  onlinechat them  Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: NickNightingale
Looking at the plusnet connection details it still says 3.5Mb, which is incidentally exactly the same as when I had ADSL.

Give me 5 minutes, then log in to the router and disconnect/reconnect. You should see an improvement.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
NickNightingale

Thank you for the replies. I have remotely controlled my partner over the telephone and she confirms that we are now getting 38Mb. Brilliant!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Excellent, thanks for letting us know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.