cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow broadband speeds

LukeHarding96

Very slow broadband speeds

http://www.speedtest.net/result/6064114606.png hello im into xbox im into playing call of duty quite competitivly and ive noticed that my connection isnt very good compared to others i did a speed test on my xbox and pc the speed test results are linked above from my pc and then my results on xbox are 14.4 dowwnload and 8.15 upload i want to get my speeds up and my ping as all the people that play competitvly have like 12 ping 80 download i was wondering if you had any suggestions of things that i could do or buy to help make my internet connection or if theres a package i can buy for upstairs for my bedroom where wed still be able to keep the package where on now for the rest of the house
2 REPLIES 2
brookheather
Rising Star

Re: Very slow broadband speeds

Is your xbox connected to the router wired using Ethernet or wireless?  To improve your ping you need to be using a wired connection - using wireless or HomePlugs will add latency and result in a higher ping.

BT FTTP 500 + pfSense + Uniquiti Unifi 6 Pro
LukeHarding96

Re: Very slow broadband speeds

yes i understand that im playing wireless at the moment but my router is downstairs and my xbox is all the way upstairs