Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow broadband and keeps resetting itself

Rob666

Very slow broadband and keeps resetting itself

3 issues to deal with,

1, My Contract Fixed price - Unlimited Fibre 1st Oct 2019 - 31st Mar 2021

Performance Test Results Report

Download speed achieved during the test was 22.05 MbpsFor your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 20-24.64 MbpsYour DSL Connection Rate: 0 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM),0 Mbps(UP-STREAM)For your connection, the maximum achievable download speed is 24.64 MbpsIP Profile for your line is 24.64 Mbps

Basic Performance Test -Time StampLatencyDownloadUploadMonday 7 December 2020 | 17:38:4117 Ms22.05 Mbps0.25 Mbps

Advanced Performance Test -Download TestDownload speed achieved during the test was 22.05 MbpsFor your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 20-24.64 MbpsYour DSL Connection Rate: 0 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM),0 Mbps(UP-STREAM)For your connection, the maximum achievable download speed is 24.64 MbpsIP Profile for your line is 24.64 Mbps

Upload TestUpload speed achieved during the test was 0.25 MbpsFor your connection, the maximum achievable upload speed is 10 MbpsIP Profile for your line is 10 Mbps

How is this Unlimited Fibre?

2, I have been with you 10 years this year and i have still got the same router, i think it might need replacing. It keeps resetting itself and crashing.

3, This needs sorting, as far as i know i'm NOT on fiber even though that is what my contract says, am i being charged for fibre?

I look forward to your replys

4 REPLIES 4
Rob666

Why has my earlier post deleted

I posted earlier about the problems i have been having and my post has been deleted.

10 years i have been with Plusnet but i know feel that your service is dismal at best, it used to be excellent what happened?

I will be looking for another provider at the end of this contract.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Very slow broadband and keeps resetting itself

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the spam filter and topics merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Why has my earlier post deleted

@Rob666  I guess you mean this one https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Very-slow-broadband-and-keeps-resetting-itself/m-p/178... 

It had been caught by the spam filter, this sometimes happens with posts that have attachments.

As for your speed results what are the expected speeds for your phone number given by this checker 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

Is your phone line working with no crackles or noises? A poor phone line will cause problems with broadband.

If the checker shows you should get higher speeds the next check is your actual sync speeds that can be seen in the modem stats by accessing the router web pages, can't tell you exactly how to do this as it depends on the router type, I don't use a Pllusnet router.

Rob666

Re: Why has my earlier post deleted

Hi, thanks for your reply.

No crackles or noises on the line.

I can't find anything on the router settings about Sync,

This is the speed the modem is showing

Downstream: 24.52 Mbps
Upstream: 3.105 Mbps

BT broadband checker.

VDSL range A (clean)

Downstream high 52 low 35, upstream high 10.1 low 7.

VDSL range B (impacted)

Downstream high 50.7 low 32.4 upstream high 10, low 6.6

Max observed downstream speeds, 26.06, max observed upstream  2.6.