cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow FTTC speeds

nigel1971
Grafter

Re: Very slow FTTC speeds

Let's see if PN can explain this, here are my up and down speeds for the past 6 months, from end of march it's awful  Roll_eyes
Taken off Samknows
Upstream

Downstream

Latency / Ping
AndyT
Grafter

@nigel1971 - your reduction in speed is unrelated to the discussion above and is almost certainly being caused by the fault on your line which our faults team are currently investigating on Ticket: 101451082.  Your fault has been passed back to our suppliers for further investigation and I would expect you to receive a further update within the next 48 hours.
Jhchicks
Dabbler

Still think I should get faster speeds.  Cry So I shall have to accept 50%.
So lets try 'up load' speed...I get around 7meg from a top speed of 20meg. Thats a reduction of over 60%!!
What say you PlusNet?
J
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

You have lost no upload speed your estimate was 7Mb your getting that so you have lost nothing,  i don't know why your quoting 20Mb you were never going to get that, fibre  speed is measured from the distance you are to the fibre cab just as ADSL is based on the distance to the exchange,  you only get near the full 20Mb if the fibre cab is pretty much out side your door which it clearly isn't as i said the further you go the less speed you get.
you posted previously what your estimates were your in those estimates,  you didn't get the top end of the estimate on the down side of things but you did for the up, sadly there isn't anything you can do unless speeds drop below your estimate range.
you can't claim loss of something you were never going to get, you want  an example of real loss of speed i have gone from having 65Mb down 10Mb up  to 55 Down 5Mb up, that is speed that i once had that is currently no longer available to me.   
davenos
Rising Star

To the OP you have the stats that your line is capable of from the BT checker, those are not going to change in the way you want.
As with all broadband the speed quoted are an "up to "figure not a guaranteed figure.
You need to stop with the "I should be getting 40mbps down and 20mbps up" because you shouldn't be your estimates are 32mbps down and 7 up that's it.
Jhchicks
Dabbler

Take a look at this speed test...
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=142937375776858098505
I shall still talk about the speeds I signed up for, but I shall have to learn to accept them.
davenos
Rising Star

You can talk about the speeds you signed upto all day long your upload is correct its only your download speed that isn't(you signed up to the estimated speeds of 32mbps down and 7mbps up).
How are you testing your speeds via wireless or wired connection?