cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor download speed

cyb_J
Dabbler

Very poor download speed

My firbre broadband provisioned speed was corrected on the 14th Nov and I got the correct download and upload speed all through 15th but my speed started dropping since 16th and has not improved. There has been no new connections that could be taking bandwidth. Though I also noticed that even when I started with the wrongly provisioned speed of 40mbps, on the first day my broadband was activated I was only getting about 3mbps but by the second day when the provisioning was corrected I got the correct 70mbps download and 18mbps upload and on the second day I got about 60mbps up to the around mid day and it has been dropping since then. BT Wholesale speed test result this afternoon attached.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Very poor download speed

Apologies for the delayed response.

Testing your line is showing a potential congestion problem on equipment at the exchange your service is connected to.

Mind reporting this to us at http://faults.plus.net letting us know when you've done that so we can push this through to our suppliers?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet