Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very old router

slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Very old router

Hi, I've been with plusnet a while now, I've also got a couple of family/friends signed up via referral. The latest one obviously has the newest router, yet I'm still on the old 582n router connected to the open reach box which was two years old before I even joined Plusnet. When I renewed my contract I wasn't asked if I wanted a new router, is it too late to get a free one now?

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES
Highlighted
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Very old router

I'm not sure if you will be eligible for a free one someone from Plusnet will confirm soon, worst case though even if you have to pay people normally only have to pay the £6.99 postage fee as long as they stay for a certain amount of time.

James

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 210

@slavo71 If you call us on 0800 013 2632 we'll see what we can do.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
slavo71
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply, just tried calling but it's a long wait time!

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 210

That's odd as from what I can see there isn't anybody in the queue.

Can you try again?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
slavo71
Rising Star

I'll try now, can't remember how many options I went through to get the extension I needed...

EDIT* lol just this second tried the number above, then option 1-3-1-2 high call demand 15 min wait.

slavo71
Rising Star

lol just tried again and was told there is nothing they can do until I renew my contract...which is 6 months away!

The last time I renewed I didn't get offered a newer router. The router I have is old tech, as it's been out for 5 years. I have got other people to sign up to both phone and internet, so thought it would be the least they can do to upgrade me to the latest router for free!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

slavo71 wrote:

I have got other people to sign up to both phone and internet, so thought it would be the least they can do to upgrade me to the latest router for free!

That's what the referral discount is for. Wink

slavo71
Rising Star

True, but a cost of a router to them is probably less than the discount lol.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

That is also very true, so what quality is it, so all the more reason to invest in your own router, so you can use it with any provider with the only change normally needed being the login details.

slavo71
Rising Star

Very true, I'm finding the wifi on this one not very good when I'm in another part of the house. Any recomendations for one with a good wifi range?

Thanks.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 453

Whilst I can't recommend a third party router (mostly because I've always used an ISP router for the past 10 years), I do recommend a powerline adapter with WiFi. This essentially extends the range using your house electricity wiring.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team