Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very low upload speed.

lomcovaks
Hooked

Very low upload speed.

Hi,

I wonder if someone could advise on why my upload speed is so low on my package please?

Download is no problem. My estimated line speed is:

Estimated line speed:There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.Current line speed:45.2 Mb

And indeed a speed test reveals a download of 46.15Mb/s

However, my upload is 0.36Mb/s which is atrocious and I wonder if this can be unchoked?

Many thanks,

Chris

8 REPLIES 8
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Very low upload speed.

Has this always been that low or just today?
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
lomcovaks
Hooked

Hi,

Firstly, many thanks for your response.

I migrated from TalkTalk last year after their debacle with losing client data and being phoned by scammers up to a dozen times each day.

I believe that my upload was choked down by TT to a maximum of 1Mb/s and this is what I consistently achieved over several weeks after migration. I had intended to post a question asking for the choke to be removed but never got around to posting this request as I was travelling a lot over the Winter.

I returned from my latest trip last Thursday and my upload has been this low ever since then whenever I checked it.

It finally got me to post this request asking for it to be investigated.

Regards,

Chris 

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Hello,

I'd suggest you pop over to http://faults.plus.net and raise a fault and that way plusnet will investigate. It could possibly be a fault undetected by TT.

What does BT's adsl checker suggest you should be receiving upload wise?
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
lomcovaks
Hooked

I've just discovered that I actually did get around to posting last October and received a response:

'

Would it be possible if someone could kindly check and see if my upload bandwidth is being choked down as a legacy issue from Talktalk please? I

Don't worry there's absolutely no way another ISP could have any affect at all on your connection as you're no longer their customer.
Diagnostic tests show a potential performance fault so please report this over at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get it sorted for you.'

I didn't actually see the response so will try reporting the fault as suggested.

lomcovaks
Hooked

I've just discovered that I did report the low upload speed last October and received a reply that I didn't see at the time:

Would it be possible if someone could kindly check and see if my upload bandwidth is being choked down as a legacy issue from Talktalk please? I

Don't worry there's absolutely no way another ISP could have any affect at all on your connection as you're no longer        their customer.
       Diagnostic tests show a potential performance fault so please report this over at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get it          sorted for you.

Anyway, I just followed the link and reported the problem after running the BT wholesale tests so will report any change.

Regards,

Chris

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

can you run the BT Speedtest - further diagnostics to see what the upstream IP profile is

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-Speed-Faults/m-p/1270253#U1270253

lomcovaks
Hooked

lomcovaks
Hooked

Thank you to everyone that contributed to my enquiry as I now believe the matter to be resolved.

I've just done another speed test and, as you will see from the attached screenshot, my upload speed is now closer to 12Mb/s - much improved on what I achieved before.