cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very low speed on the second day after fibre install

TardisRepairMan
Dabbler

Very low speed on the second day after fibre install

My Unlimited Fibre Extra was installed yesterday. My estimated download speed was "up to 62" and once connected this was exactly what I was getting on checking with the BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test. All day yesterday the speed was constant as it was first thing this morning. Sometime around mid morning when I checked again and the speed had fallen to about 11. Resetting the modem and the router made no difference. I am aware that the speed can fluctuate over the first 10 days as the line stabilises but a drop to 11 is more than a fluctuation! I spoke to support via web chat who said that the line should reset itself (and I presume increase in speed) after four hours. Four hours have come and gone and the speed is still around 11. I attach a copy of the BT Speed Test Result. Is this normal or is there a problem - thanks
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Very low speed on the second day after fibre install

It looks like your profile on our end went back to its old ADSL speed.
I've just updated that for you and if you give it 5 to 10 minutes then retest you should be back to normal.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
TardisRepairMan
Dabbler

Thank you so much. A reply and a fix only a few minutes after posting! You can't ask for any better support than that. I now have a download speed of 63.86. Very happy indeed, again many many thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fantastic!
Glad to hear it worked.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team