cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very low broadband speed

re-M-ington

Very low broadband speed

I am new to Plusnet having changed provider from Talk Talk with a speed of ave 16mb and I have taken up 'Unlimited Fibre Extra' hoping for much faster speeds,but i am very disappointed so far and my last speedtest was ........

Down.......6.23

Up............5.44

I was told by a friend that it may settle but it has now been 13 days and is probably getting worse not better,it has also been dropping right out for no apparent reason,and when I reboot it comes back on or has done so so far.These speeds are not what I joined for and would like to know what has gone wrong,is it a plusnet problem or is it a local problem and more importantly is it going to get better.

3 REPLIES 3
jarvichi

Re: Very low broadband speed

Day 1:

Fibre Unlimited - 200 yards from the exchange

0.59mbps Down 0.61mbps Up...

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@re-M-ington Are you testing over a wired or wireless connection? Our tests aren't showing any issues.

@jarvichi I can see you've put on the fault ticket that the issue is with wireless. Bar using powerline adapters and repeaters there isn't anything further we can advise.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jarvichi

@MatthewWheeler Yes, I'm hoping that the main router stabilises (up to 45mbps this morning), it was variable last night, but as you say getting the connection around my house is my responsibility. So power line adapters and wifi extenders will be deployed!