cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Very Slow download speeds <2MB on Unlimited Fibre

cgdean

Very Very Slow download speeds <2MB on Unlimited Fibre

Used to get the full 70MB now lucky to see 5MB usually less than 2MB. Please look into this and fix it before i transfer my to another provider. 

I've tried everything to solve this. Including replacing the router, hardwired Ethernet tests, removing all phones etc and nothing changes the speed.

Again i should be able to email your support but as usual you are stuck in the 1970's and we cant even contact you by anything else other than a phone. I don't have time to phone you sort it out !!!!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Very Very Slow download speeds <2MB on Unlimited Fibre

You should have raised a fault with Plusnet before shelling out on all that equipment. It's probably some kind of line fault.

Fibre still runs over old fashioned bits of telephone wire.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from General Chat to Fibre Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post @cgdean.

I'm sorry that you feel that you're unable to contact us. For our customers convenience, we're actually contactable in numerous ways - via Facebook, via Twitter and via this Community, in addition to the phone support teams.

I've tested the line for you and it appears that @VileReynard's suspicions were correct in that we have detected a fault. The fault lies within the exchange and so I've just raised the issue directly with Openreach. They inform me that their estimated response time is by 23:59 on Thursday 12th December. Please bear in mind that this is an estimate and (particularly with exchange faults) the issue could well be resolved before this point.

I'll open a support ticket on the account now - you'll receive notification but don't need to take any action at this time.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the meantime.