cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very, Very ANGRY. What has happened to Plusnet's Prior EXCELLENCE?

FromPlusToMinus

Very, Very ANGRY. What has happened to Plusnet's Prior EXCELLENCE?

Sorry for shouting, but what has happened to the old great Plusnet I joined 15 Years ago? Based on 15 great years with Plusnet I have foolishly locked myself into a 2 year deal without realising how crap they seem to have become...
Based on previous years' excellent service, In early Jan, I upgraded to unlimited fibre: despite BT offering a better deal.
On 2 Feb, Plusnet notified me all that my service was implemented and charged me the full fibre price.
A few days later I had to spend a long long time on the 'phone explaining to them that a drop from 2.6 Mbps to 1.6 Mbps was not what I had expected. Their response: ah you haven't been connected, we'll get that fixed, plus a promise to refund my 05 Feb payment.
Now, nearly 2 months in, I still only have 2 Mbps, I have been notifed of  a full fibre charge to be applied on 05 Mar.
I tried to raise a ticket, but it seems they've dumped that highly effective service in favour of making me wait hours for live chat or paying them to call the telephone help.
I did try the chat, but was advised that were many Customer ahead. It is a shame that Plusnet are now forcing me to shout on the forum. Great PR chaps.
I must admit, I'm suprised at the lack of other angry posts. Are other people seeing the same disintegration of Plusnet's service as I am? Or are they trying to push us all to pick up the cracking deals offered by their BT Mothership, perhaps?
2 REPLIES 2
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Very, Very ANGRY. What has happened to Plusnet's Prior EXCELLENCE?

Thanks for your patience.
I've had a look into things and it seems your postcode was listed differently with BT Wholesale from our systems, when our automated systems tried to place the order they used the incorrect postcode causing the initial delay. As of yesterday the line was upgraded to Fibre and I've increased your speeds our side so you should get the full speed if you reset your router.
I have replied in more detail on your account.
thanks
FromPlusToMinus

Re: Very, Very ANGRY. What has happened to Plusnet's Prior EXCELLENCE?

Darkfire,
thank you for the rapid and effective response. This is the sort of service that persuaded me to stick with the Plusnet deal Smiley
I have just reset my router and run a speed test with DL of 28 Mbps and UL of 1.9 Mbps.
I will also respond to your reply on my account with additional constructive comment.