cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Strange unresolved connection dropping fault

supernoodles
Grafter

Very Strange unresolved connection dropping fault

Hello everyone I would first like to start by saying thank you to anyone who takes part in trying to help fix my issue Smiley

Okay so I have a very odd fault when my internet speed syncs at above 40 while using my Plusnet hub one and I pick up my land line or receive a call in anyway the internet will drop and re sync between 25-35 and then if I pick up the phone again or call my land line it will stay stable until it decides to drop again randomly to take me back up to 40+ I have tested this with an analogue phone and a digital one and without fail when the line syncs at above 40 it drops.

Now this is being tested directly into the test socket as advised by Plusnet faults department.

I am supposed to be due a call back today about the issue with the possibility of an engineer coming to either replace the box on the wall or the wiring (but I'm in a flat so this might not happen).

I decided to try some different cables and stumbled upon my old TalkTalk super router the hg635 made by Huawei so I decided to test the line with this router so I managed to get the line to connect but it wouldn't seem to go above 39 ish but I tested anyway and whenever I picked up the phone or called the land line the connection stayed active... one time I managed to get it to sync at just over 40 and the connection stayed active with no issues yet again.

I borrowed a BT Hub 5 from my brother and tested with that and exactly the same issue happens Above 40 line drops below 40 line is stable

6 REPLIES 6
supernoodles
Grafter

Re: Very Strange unresolved connection dropping fault

Just as an updated i plugged the TalkTalk Huawei HG635 back in again after the BT Hub 5 dropped when calling the landline and it synced me back at 41 did a couple of tests and it seems that even with the TalkTalk router the line is dropping I'm currently synced back at 31 with a max of 37 with the TalkTalk router and in around 5-10 mins will be disconnected again to be put back at around 40

To further update i called my land line without any phone plugged into the socket and it still went down when syncing above 40 so something defiantly wrong somewhere called in again and the support member booked me an appointment with openreach for tomorrow so lets hope the issue is resolved Smiley

Can any staff here confirm that if its the socket or the cabling leading into my flat from outside that needs fixing I wont be charged?

supernoodles
Grafter

Strangely last night my noise kept dropping by 0.1 for over two hours and got as low as 3.1 and then started to pick back up in this time the line wouldn't go down while picking up the phone or calling and has not done so since.

Engineer has visited and again the fault couldn't be reproduced which is typical but he checked the cables in the rear of the master socket and fit me a MK3 faceplate reset the DLM on the line and ran his tests which all passed perfectly even went outside and checked the cabling inside the little black box on the wall (we live in a flat) which honestly wasn't even needed and he did it anyway :).

Line has synced back to a faster speed which is always nice (until maybe DLM kicks in Wink

5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:20:08
6. Data rate: 6410 / 45879
7. Maximum data rate: 6533 / 46093
8. Noise margin: 6.1 / 6.1
supernoodles
Grafter

Okay so the problem is definitely not fixed typically after he left around an hour later picked up the phone to make a call and the fault came back.. got a new engineer appointment for tomorrow in the afternoon also managed to make a video of it happening and upload it to youtube which i will link here please let me know of any feedback if anyone thinks they might know the issue thanks Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN6n_UhKiRk

supernoodles
Grafter

To further update an engineer came out today and got my line capped to 35 and it was stable but the maximum data rate still goes above the cap to 40-46 and as soon as the phone is picked up or the line is called with or without a phone attached the internet goes down without fail.. so im sat here capped for no reason.. unless the maximum data rate can also be capped?

Supposedly he has handed things over to the REIN team and i have no idea if this issue will ever be fixed =/

supernoodles
Grafter

sadly issue is still happening I have another engineer coming tomorrow spoke briefly to an engineer this morning who was supposed to come today but i was not informed of his visit and he claims it sounds like an equipment fault but i explained issue happens on three different routers and even with no phone attached.

Also still happens with the line capped as per my second thread I made I have been doing tests

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/refusing-to-uncap-my-speed/td-p/1351443

As far as I was told a possible fault was being looked into at the exchange and there has been no mention of that since and also a REIN investigation was supposed to be carried out and as far as I know it hasn't

Will attach my an image of my log of today's testing if anyone has any input.

Here is my RouterStatsHub log of the events today http://imgur.com/a/E3hBm
Times in this should coincide with the png i attached

Another 4 hours no drop at all phone didnt ring and i didnt pick up phone http://imgur.com/a/gL7MB

Will update depending on results of tomorrows visit

supernoodles
Grafter

Had the BTOR engineer visit today who ran some line tests and said everything was perfectly fine with my copper.

He then visited the cabinet to perform a lift and shift but was told by the person he spoke to that they wont do one because my speed has only dropped by 0.3 of a meg and the line has been stable according to their history???

He has advised me that he is going to shut the case on BTOR's end and request that a Plusnet engineer visit the exchange to check their equipment?

Also that my cap of 35meg from 46 had to remain in place otherwise i would have "problems" ... as if i dont have any when capped anyway..

Im totally lost on what to do now.