cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Speeds

gxoats

Very Slow Speeds

So I've noticed over the course of a few days that my internet quality has dropped a lot so I ran some speed tests. I'm getting 9mbps download and 6mbps upload.

Ran a few BT Whole sale tests, If I enter just my phone number It says :

Results Image not loaded

1. Downstream Test:

Download Speed : 5.92 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

When I just enter my post code and address I receive the following.

No Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) services have been found at this address. Please check the postcode or use the Telephone Number or Service ID to conduct the test."

Has my fibre been turned off or something?

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Very Slow Speeds

Hi there, 

FTTP is a different service to the one we supply. What you have is FTTC (fibre to the cabinet).

It looks like your connection has been dropping out fairly frequently for some reason. Line tests don't show an obvious reason for that but it does seem that the disconnections have caused the speeds to be reduced. 

The best thing to do next is to follow the troubleshooting advice here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

If that doesn't resolve it you can report a fault with us at http://faults.plus.net do let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
iansimon80

I too have been having problems with slow speeds and service drop outs I have checked all my equipment and everything is connected correctly.

I am paying for Unlimited Fibre Extra with Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 48.6Mbps checking over the last few days on an independant speed checker my average speed has been between 18 and 28 Mbs despite Plusnet showing my current speed is Current Line Speed (Download): 42.4Mbps the independant checker shows an actual speed at the same time as 27 Mbps

Additionally when i originally signed up for my package i was quoted a upload speed of 9Mbps however the independant speed checker is showing on average less than 50% of that speed at 4 Mbps

I have also found my net drops out regularly ... amusingly it dropped out while i was watching the help video plusnet recommended 3 times!!!!

While I have been happy with my service for the last 14 months I am disappointed with the service that has been in evidence over the last few days. I placed a ticket with plusnet regarding a line fault which I thought may be connected and was told there would be a £65 charge for them to check for faults if was found to be my equipment at fault (in equipment that they provide!)

I wonder if anyone else has similair experiences

the irritation is that I do not get the minimum speeds promised the service is dropping out and no offer to actually check equipment they provided 

I will endure this until the end of my current contract but will then be looking elsewhere for equivalent service 

Is such a shame as I say I was so happy with my service up until the last couple of weeks.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @iansimon80

Sorry to see you've had a similar issue. 

Just to clarify an engineer visit wouldn't be chargeable if it's down to faulty equipment supplied by ourselves so that fee would only be relevant if there are issues with wiring within the home or if the engineer isn't able to gain entry when appointed.

I'm confident we can get this resolved for you so please drop us a reply back to the fault ticket when you can here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=194325797

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
iansimon80

Thanks for you swift answer Adam i will continue to monitor my service for the next few days and if things improve i will be sure to let you know.