Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Fibre Speed

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Very Slow Fibre Speed

@Bluejay5 You can be angry if you want - your prerogative.

Really not sure how you are helping though.

Unfortunately people take services that they don't really know how to use, but expect that it will work in a way that they think it will. Is there a point you are trying to make, or are you able to help the OP ?  

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Not going there buddy but if this is the best advice you can give to help this person without having ago at me, just says it all.

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

@alan_in_chard have you got it sorted yet?

Cheers

Martin

Part of life living
alan_in_chard
Dabbler

Hi Bluejay5,

Thanks for your moral support - appreciated.

The answer to your Q. is "No". And this is the last post I will ever make here - after this post, I'm leaving.

Why?

Because I complained to a moderator about the tone and manner of Mustrum's reply - but the moderator supported Mustrum. I cannot remain a member of ANY forum that has moderators who condone such remarks as those of Mustrum - who, quite frankly, is also talking utter rubbish.

-----------------------------------

However, a few final remarks from me, please.

Mustrum wrote:

"You appear to be testing from a very old PC running obsolete operating system".

'Obsolete' eh? Reliable statistics reveal that over 10% of the PCs on the face of this planet are running Windows XP. Plus, there is an even  greater percentage of people using Pentium 4 processors.

And there is NOTHING in the Plusnet Ts & Cs. that make any requirement on the vintage of the computer equipment and software that a Plusnet user is using.

------

And finally this: I am a professionally trained, experienced and fully qualified electronics engineer with many professional accreditations (including programming using C++) and who has spent many years developing various R & D projects and providing I.T. customer support in the U.K. and overseas. So I like to think that most times (no-one is perfect) I know what I'm talking about and that I know what I am doing.

So my farewell to all those who have tried to help me  - may 2018 bring you good fortune and beneficial prosperity to you and your respective families.

alan_in_chard

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

@alan_in_chard

I am disappointed as company's don't care anymore with helping and custumers care and customers always right Wink  just bad luck you had a person not knowing what to do but hay you cant win them all, 

Wink

Good luck for the future

Martin

Part of life living
Mav
Fixes: 514

alan_in_chard wrote:

The answer to your Q. is "No". And this is the last post I will ever make here - after this post, I'm leaving.

Why?

Because I complained to a moderator about the tone and manner of Mustrum's reply - but the moderator supported Mustrum. .

That is a misleading statement. In response to your compaint you were informed that as no forum rules had been broken no moderator action was necessary.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

dannyboy75
Rising Star

Wow, what an attitude. As you say, @Mustrum, some people just don't want to be helped. It must make you wonder why you bother sometimes, when the only thanks you get is a complaint to one of the mods. Angry Crazy2

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

The reason I am backing @alan_in_chard as not once a member of staff picked this up. nore a ticket wos offered

Maybe Alan as certin mental health issues he find frustration with.

Bit of delecate issues here.

This will be the end of the matter from me

Part of life living