Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Broadband

MMoor1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Very Slow Broadband

I'm meant to be on fast speed broadband (paying for fast broadband) but for the past 2 weeks it has been extremely slow!!! This is dreadful as nothing works!! Phoneline is fine all cables etc. are fine. How can I fix this PLEASE, Dreadful!!

4 REPLIES 4
MMoor1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Very Slow Broadband

Internet speed test 015102050100+
Megabits per second

Testing upload…

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Latency: 33 ms
Server: Dublin

Your Internet connection is slow.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@MMoor1 Welcome to the forums. The detail you have provided is depressing, I agree, but for  Community members to help we need a little more information. The easiest way for us to get that is for you to follow the below text.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the HELP DESK tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If phone test is OK then take the front off your telephone master socket, you may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a filter in here and connect that to your hub. If it’s still dropping out then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

I appreciate you have said 'phoneline is fine', but have you actually performed the Quiet Line Test?

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

hiya @MMoor1, thanks for getting in touch on our forums. I'm really sorry that you're seeing some issues with your speed and I'd like to help get this sorted for you Smiley

Testing the line shows a fault is being detected and so we'll need to look at sending an engineer. I've updated your fault ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223384844 and if you reply on the ticket with the requested info giving me a nudge on here once done, I can get that picked up and progressed for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team