cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Poor speed

oakey22

Very Poor speed

I have noticed my speed getting worse lately and today decided to do a speed check on the BT Wholesale, i was getting 4mb/s and this is on fibre capable of receiving 39mb/s ( I know this because for the past 12 months i was on sky and it was this speed day in day out )
I used the speedtest@speedtest_domain username and suddenly the speed was 36mb/s.
Are you throttling my connection this much?
9 REPLIES 9
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Very Poor speed

Just in case, can you check what your Plusnel profile (line speed) is set to here? : https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
oakey22

It was set to 40mb earlier but now 38.8Mb
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

That value is OK, certainly not causing the problems you're seeing.
Plusnet do not deliberately throttle anyone's connection, is the speed still the same?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
oakey22

yes the speed is the same, when i did the wholesale test with their username it was fine with fast speeds, back to plusnet log in and very poor.
oakey22

Last night it was down to 3Mb but in the day i am getting 32Mb, whats going on Plusnet?
AndyH
Grafter

Where about's in the country are you? Which exchange are you on?
AndyT
Grafter

Hi oakey22,
Thanks for raising the fault ticket, that has been passed to the correct team to investigate and they should be back in touch by the end of tomorrow.  Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience being caused by your lower speeds, we'll try and get this sorted as quickly as possible
oakey22

whats happening Plusnet, this is getting a bit beyond a joke.
Its 21:43 and i am now getting 2.38Mb/s Download and 2.82Mb/s Upload
That is using BT Wholesale speed test.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

can someone at plusnet check my connection please ive done a bt speed test and the upload speeds are not even 1mb.ive just done this test at thinkbroadband.

sorry i dont know how to resize the pictures. can someone from plusnet tell me why the Upload Speed stats of 0.8 Mbps are in green, surely that should be in red to indicate there is a major problem, Has something been set wrong at plusnet as its saying "We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time" which is obviously wrong as there are major problems regarding the upload speeds.