cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Poor Speeds

antiquebrit
Grafter

Very Poor Speeds

We have been connected to fibre since 20th October. Initially speeds were 10.0/1.1 which swiftly went down to 7.5/0.73. We are on a long bit of copper from the cabinet but when we signed up we were given an estimated Max download of 16.0. The BT engineer found two faults on the copper which we are told were cured yesterday, including a "wet joint". The speed is still 7.3/0.73. Is a profile upgrade now necessary?
Thanks David.
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Very Poor Speeds

Hi David,
It sounds like an SNR reset may be the way to go here.
If you can send me a private message with your username please I'll take a look at this in more detail for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the PM,
I was wrong about the SNR reset as you have fibre.
That means we're unable to request these remotely for you without getting an engineer involved.
However the DLM (dymanic line management) for fibre is entirely automated, that means you should see some improvement in speeds over the coming few days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
antiquebrit
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
I will wait on events, hopefully they will be happy ones.
antiquebrit
Grafter

Three days ago the Internet failed completely and yesterday the Openreach engineer found that the "software at the exchange" was faulty/needed updating! This morning instead of 7.3/0.73 we are flying at 14.5/1.2. Though it is not 38mb it is still far faster than we have previously had on this long copper line.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for letting us know.
Due to the way the aforementioned DLM works in relation to fibre I'd expect you to see some further improvement over the course of the next week
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Adam if DLM has been turned off as mentioned on this forum and various other places then his speed wont return without intervention from BTW He will be stuck with what he has unless he gets a reset.