cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Poor Internet Connection

nixkeller4
Dabbler

Very Poor Internet Connection

Good evening, I've been a customer for a few years now and have had connection trouble for a long time now. I've had periods throughout the years where my internet drops out at random any my router (Home Hub One) status light begins to strobe between all the different statuses. I've raised this issue before but was unable to get any assistance. This has led to my speeds being very unreliable. 

It's been getting a lot worse recently. Some days we see speeds as low as 0.5Mbps download which is not ideal. Especially when I'm paying for the Unlimited Fibre Extra package. It's getting beyond a joke at this point. We have 6 people in this house, 3 of which use the internet on a regular basis for University work so it's crucial that we get this issue resolved as soon as possible as it's almost impossible to get anything done.

I'm not entirely sure what's causing this. We also keep on getting a "Line Cord Error" error message on our landline. It's been like this since last Friday. While it's been like this we've been unable to send and receive calls. There's no dial tone either. I ran through the usual troubleshooting steps. I even removed the front face from the master socket to use the test socket and the problem still persisted.

At first I thought this was purely an internet connection fault but I fear that it may also be related to my phone line. Would someone be able to assist me?

I've attached the current line speed and the broadband availability checker from btwholesale. Hope it helps.

Note: We don't have a replacement landline or a replacement router. Since it's effecting both systems I believe the problem is with the line or the socket.

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Very Poor Internet Connection

@nixkeller4 Welcome to the forums. You have a line fault (outwith your premises). I suggest you raise a phone fault, which when resolved should most likely resolve your internet connectivity issues.

I am also going to ask the mods to move this to the correct (Fibre) board.

John
nixkeller4
Dabbler

@jab1 Thanks for the quick reply. How would I go about raising a phone fault? Haven't really done much of this stuff before.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

To raise a fault go to: