cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Download Speeds ONGOING!!

johnensor

Variable Download Speeds ONGOING!!

I am sure this has been the subject previously but having had a running battle with Plusnet Support Team & BT Openreach I am willing to take any suggestion as to how I now move forward.   Since upgrading to Fibre some 3 months ago I have suffered from wild swings in performance as shown on the BT Wholesale Broadband performance test.  Plusnet have sent Openreach out twice, once a number of issues were dealt with & secondly they just said all was ok -- it was a Plusnet problem!!

I am now going round in circles and the question I have open is dealt with differently by different Analysts.  Some have tried to fob me off others have said they can see dips & I need to book another BT Openreach appointment, which clearly will only likely waste more money & time. 

This morning I have had download speeds ranging from 35Mbps down to the last one taken at 18.34Mbps.   Plusnet support seem both incapable & certainly unwilling to do anything about its what are the next steps??   In short I am seeing little or no improvement in performance since moving over to Fibre save it is costing me more!!

Any advise would be most welcome

2 REPLIES 2
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Variable Download Speeds ONGOING!!

Have you tried a quiet-line test, using a wired receiver?

Are your speedtests done using ethernet cable whilst connected to the BT side of the telephone?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: Variable Download Speeds ONGOING!!

Is there any pattern to this such as time of day and/or day of week?

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.