cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPNs Don't Work and neither does Plusnet Chat

petewalls1987

VPNs Don't Work and neither does Plusnet Chat

Hi,

I have been trying for some time to access various VPN software packages but after I download them, as soon as I connect with any of these, the connection drops. When I try to access VPN Sites e.g Windscribe.com I also can't connect. I have teh same issue with Chrome and Firefox.

I have also tried to use the Plusnet chat to resolve the issue. When I use https://www.plus.net/help/chat/ it says it is "loading chat" but never does, When I try to access the Chat via https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/residential/customer-services/ it always says it isn't online.

I have had no issues using VPNs or accessing sites previously, I have also turned off both the Windows and Plusnet Firewalls, in case these blocked access.

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: VPNs Don't Work and neither does Plusnet Chat

@petewalls1987 

Can't help you re the VPN but you need to be aware that Plusnet have discontinued the Live Chat facility although some links to it still exist but won't work.

Contacting Plusnet is now via telephone or Facebook or Twitter or these forums - perhaps a Plusnet staffer will piick your post up.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @petewalls1987 and apologies for the delayed response.

I've made some changes to your connection on our end which should help.

Can you retest and let us know if you're still having issues?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
petewalls1987

Hello,

Unfortunately this still isn't working. I'm unable to use VPNs and VPN sites are also being blocked.

Best wishes,
Pete

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @petewalls1987,

Thanks for reaching out to us here and apologies for the delay in getting this picked up.

Finally

Just to confirm you are using the broadband network while trying the VPN rather than mobile? Have you got the Plusnet Safeguard feature enabled - this can sometimes block specific things? Finally I would recommend taking a look at this thread as it sounds very similar to the issues you are describing.

Thanks.