cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN access errors

VPN_Fibre

VPN access errors

For the last few years I've had no problems with using VPN via my PlusNet router, but since this Covid19 kicked off, a lot more people are working from home and I'm getting VPN capacity errors. Is anyone else getting the same problem? I can't effectively work from home if this issue persists.

4 REPLIES 4
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: VPN access errors

What VPN are you using? It is more likely to be a capacity problem at the far end than with Plusnet.

VPN_Fibre

I’m not sure of the type of VPN per se, as I’m just using the standard VPN our business has always supplied. I think it’s defo a capacity problem somewhere, with so many people working from home or streaming Netflix!
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Well a VPN should be prioritised above Netflix. What errors are you seeing? Is it unable to connect, or does it drop a lot, or just slow? Are there more people from your business working from home than usual? Some small company VPN devices support a relatively small number of concurrent VPNs, and that may where your problem is (e.g. my Draytek only supports a max of 32 incoming VPN connections).

VPN_Fibre

Interesting, we’re using Draytek, and there’s certainly a lot more people working from home. I’ll ask our IT support what our limit is. Thanks Smiley