cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN IPsec blocked?

Toby80

VPN IPsec blocked?

Can someone confirm if UDP 500 and UDP 4500 are being blocked?

My VPN connection to work is using IPsec to connect and it's currently not working on my internet connection from Plusnet. 

I have tried hotspot from my phone and it's working I have tried BT internet and it's working. 

I called customer service and they said they don't support VPN questions. 

So have anyone had any luck getting an IPsec VPN tunnel working connected to Plusnet internet?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Re: VPN IPsec blocked?

Welcome to the forum.

There is no port blocking, however there IS an issue with some VPN software and certain of the PlusNet public IP ranges.

See this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/VPN-connection-lost-today/m-p/1483172#M318357

What VPN software are you using ? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Toby80

I'm using Cisco Anyconnect. 

If using TLS the connection works but with IPsec I don't get anything back. I can see my computer sending out on UDP 500 but I don't get any reply  back. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

There was definitely problems in the past with anyconnect. Maybe @bobpullen could advise ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Yeah, off the top of my head there was a common problem with VPN solutions provided by ADP and the range the OP is posting from. Am I on the money, or is it another company you're having problems with?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵