cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERY SLOW Download speed

martinasus

VERY SLOW Download speed

Hello this is my very first post in a Forum , I have tried to leave Emails for help  but been advised to write here.

I have been with Plusnet for a few years now and have  unlimited Broadband , however I have latlet noticed slow and frezzing video . I have checked my download speed and it is only 2.87 mbps i should be getting 45.7 according to joining e mail .

I have a fast computer . The router is plugged into the main socket and the computer is wirless and directly above the router. It is also the only computer on while cheking the speed  I don't know how long the speed has been this low it . Can someone help please .

Regards

Paul

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: VERY SLOW Download speed

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @martinasus,

Welcome to the forums. 

I've run some testing on your connection and can't see anything obvious causing an issue. Below is a copy of the line test and the connection log for your line.

We do two Fibre products one that has a speed cap imposed at a maximum of 40Mbps and Fibre Extra that has a cap of 80Mbps. If you're on standard fibre, regardless of your speed estimate your speed won't go above 40Mbps.

Would it be possible to get a copy of a couple of speed tests, one wireless and one wired for comparison - the router would have been dispatched with an ethernet cable to enable this in the box. You can attach them to your reply here, but the results will allow us to distinguish if the issue is solely over the wireless connection or if it's affecting a wired service too. 

martinasus

Hello Thank you for your reply . I know I haven't answered your question in full yet as its difficult at present to get hard wired signal. I will say though that for the first time in months I rebooted the router , straight away my speed on wireless computer has increased from 2.7 to 38.80Mbps . I used my computer through the evening and did further tests and speed dropped down to less than 3 Mbps  I have again rebooted computer  and now have speed of 33.70 Mbps . Any ideas what's going on .

Many thanks for your help

Paul

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @martinasus.

From what we can see the desktop you're using is currently connected with a poor signal. It may be that when you're rebooting the router the desktop then get's a good signal but overtime it drops back down.

Can you try going through the steps shown here to see if they help?

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team