Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDSL speed still slow after line repair

FIXED
cgw
Fixes: 1

VDSL speed still slow after line repair

We've  had our line repaired this morning (one complete break and one marginal connection) which has cured our extremely noisy voice circuit but our VDSL speed is only 20% of what it used to be and the up/down noise margins in the router are still showing 14.5/25.3.  In addition to the line repair, the engineer also had to swap something in the street cabinet and said he had requested a port reset. 

Can someone please advise me whether anything else needs to be redone by me, plusnet or anyone else - or will the speeds recover to their former levels in time?

Many thanks,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: VDSL speed still slow after line repair

Hi Chris.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a fault with your line and your speeds are still slow after it was fixed.

While your speeds aren't restricted "0.128M-40M Downstream 4dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off", your sync rate very slow at 4.4mbps. 

Our tests are still showing a fault on the Openreach network "Potential HR Joint or wet joint detected on GEA Service. Please continue to submit a trouble report" so I've raised this through to our suppliers for further investigation.

We'll update you when we know more.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to post back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cgw
Fixes: 1

Fix

Just like to close this out with an update as voice and broadband are now fully back to normal after a second visit by OR who did a lot of tests before changing the NTE5 faceplate.  I'm not sure if he reset the DLM but speeds were back to about 80% of normal as soon as he left with downlink noise margin back to circa 6db instead of 25dB.

Since then (3 days), up & down speeds have edged up to 100% of normal and the btwholesale test shows the IP profile exactly where I would expect it.

Very relieved and many thanks to Plusnet for sorting it, even it it did take some patience!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

No problems @cgw, do let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with.