cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDSL connection loses sync frequently with new router

jsphcyl

VDSL connection loses sync frequently with new router

Hi

I used to have a PlusNet One router, but it was quite limited, so I switched back to using my BT SmartHub 6... still there were dead spots in and around the house (an ever present issue in the way my house is built).

So, I just bought a TP-Link Archer VR2100 which creates a mesh with my existing TP-Link range extender. So now, the dead spot issue is resolved.

However, I am getting frequent loss of sync... 4 to 5 times a day, sometimes with uptime only being minutes before losing it again. The router has been in place for 48 hours.

My stats are below. Is it a line quality issue? I've read information on TP-Link's website that if the SNR margin is less than 6 then frequent losses of sync are very likely? Is there something plusnet will be able to resolve?

Upstream Downstream
Current kbps 19999 79999
Max kbps 25708 101095
SNR margin 9.4 3.9
Line attenuation 0 8.6

Interestingly the BTW performance test attached shows a ridiculously high 282 Mbps downstream, even though the IP profile is 74.

Is it just the router settling down? I tried switching back to the SmartHub, but it wouldn't sync at all... total loss of connection. 

Thanks
Joe